Artists' Alley (Lanterra) - Real Estate Thread -

Anyone got the pricelist for the latest release?
It's studio hotel room size units 300-500sq feet. You don't want! But they says it starts at $1,000 sq foot competing comps @ Shangri La down the street

I heard that the second round of vip sales was over. The units during this round were sold out on the same day that they were released.

Having lived for 3 & 1/2 years in a Lanterra building, for the life of me I can't understand why folks keep buying what they offer for sale. The reasons why not to, well that's a looooong list.

Having lived for 3 & 1/2 years in a Lanterra building, for the life of me I can't understand why folks keep buying what they offer for sale. The reasons why not to, well that's a looooong list.

Genuinely curious - what makes Lanterra condos any worse than the offerings of other developers and what issues have you had with yours?

I can jump in here from my own experience.

Horrible customer service, poor quality (interior and exterior), weak sound proofing, cutting corners at every opportunity, delays, and the list goes on. All you need to do is look up... ;) From my experience I will never buy from them again. All developers have their issues, but personally, I have found GG, Tridel and Concert are miles ahead of Lanterra.
Genuinely curious - what makes Lanterra condos any worse than the offerings of other developers and what issues have you had with yours?

Last edited:
Every aspect of the elevators was so deficient it was appalling, and a brutal inconvenience and disruption to the daily lives of everyone in the complex. Windows were such that the vertical blinds used to sway 6 inches either way at times because of the draft. The A/C, fuggetaboutit. Interior walls would creak when the wind was blowing, fire alarms blasting, garage flooding when it rained.........

Seems a blatant and deliberate transfer of risk and cost from developer to owner, squeezing profit by cutting corners on materials and installing infrastructure that won't last. Pretty on paper in the sales centre but when built, a nightmare to live in. Those that buy end up footing the future bills in trying to make it right.

There's no possible way on earth this type of end product would be accepted on the commercial side yet on the res, where people invest life savings, it seems far too common. I'm no fan of government but still, there should be better minimum standards and materials specs that condo developers should have to meet to obtain a building permit and then pass building inspection.

Je me souviens Chevy Vega. Vous ?? It almost destroyed GM.

There should be JD Power Report on Condo Developers. Heck, I'd settle for Siskle and Ebert. Guess which way my thumbs would point.

I can jump in here from my own experience.

Horrible customer service, poor quality (interior and exterior), weak sound proofing, cutting corners at every opportunity, delays, and the list goes on. All you need to do is look up... ;) From my experience I will never buy from them again. All developers have their issues, but personally, I have found GG, Tridel and Concert are miles ahead of Lanterra.
Thank you for your candid experience of this developer. You have saved another prospect (me) from buying from these crooks.

Back