News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 639     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Anyone else here a fan of the show House?

Comedy_Landfill

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from the Annex and a huge fan of House. The new season is coming out on DVD/Blu-ray soon (Aug. 31), so I wondered what people thought of it? Any other House fans out there?

Guilty.

My favourite episode is the one where someone is sick and nobody can figure out why and then it looks like the patient is going to die but House has an epiphany at the last minute and figures out what it is.

Does anybody know the name of the episode I'm talking about?

Hey, House is a procedural--it doesn't hide it. It does it pretty well, with decently researched cases of the week, as well as some wit and style. Are there any other procedurals on the air right now that do it better?

LOL from the title I thought this was about the Princess Margaret Hospital lottery's show house...

Hey, House is a procedural--it doesn't hide it. It does it pretty well, with decently researched cases of the week, as well as some wit and style. Are there any other procedurals on the air right now that do it better?

I actually really enjoy the show, particular the season premieres and finales which are usually less about the procedural arc and more about Hugh Laurie's character dealing with his issues. Some episodes sure are just filler, though.

I actually really enjoy the show, particular the season premieres and finales which are usually less about the procedural arc and more about Hugh Laurie's character dealing with his issues. Some episodes sure are just filler, though.
But they're interesting filler. One of the things that I think the show does so well is balancing character plots with the current episode plot, and then intertwining the two.

It is one of the few live-action shows I have watched. I used to watch CSI before this but I now I just watch House, as it has a similar premise, but more interesting characters and it is much funnier. That said I liked the character House more when he was a jerk. He seems too soft now based on the few episodes I have seen of the last two seasons.

Also I'm trying to watch the old episodes but I don't know where they are shown. I've seen most season 1, and about half of season 2. A few from the last two seasons but that's it. The DVDs seem too expensive (more expensive than Dexter?).

Last edited:

Back