News   Mar 28, 2024
 4     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 527     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 338     0 

American Apparel Going Bankrupt?

Not surprised, they do have surprisingly high prices. Big fan, but majority of their clothes can only fit skinny girls, thus, not a lot of people are expected to show up there!

Ciao, and good riddance. Lol. H&M is better as is TopMan (and that's saying a lot as TopMan in Canada is pretty crappy). The ads are gross and not flattering at all (in my opinion). Bring in Uniqlo (what the hell are they waiting for?) To each their own, I suppose. xo

The ads are gross and not flattering at all (in my opinion).

Agreed. The ads have a lecherous, teen-sex-object vibe to them. Gross.

H&M is better as is TopMan (and that's saying a lot as TopMan in Canada is pretty crappy).

Having been to a number of Topmans in the U.K., I'm not sure what you find so crappy about the ones here. Unless you're talking about the Oxford Circus flagship, which isn't really a comparable, they're much the same. The Topshop/Topman in downtown Vancouver is the largest one outside the U.K. Don't disagree they're kind of crappy - just don't think that's unique to Canada.

AA is still around and their ads are still pure sexy.
They were actually saved from going under by an investment from the Serruya family of Markham. They were the family behind the rise and collapse of Yogen Fruz, though they seem to have kept that chain on life support still. They also have or had some kind of business relationship with Cold Stone Creamery in Canada. Don't AA and CSC share a building at Yonge and Gerrard?

About AA, the owner/founder, Dov Charney, has a well publicised seedy reputation.

Last edited:
Having been to a number of Topmans in the U.K., I'm not sure what you find so crappy about the ones here. Unless you're talking about the Oxford Circus flagship, which isn't really a comparable, they're much the same. The Topshop/Topman in downtown Vancouver is the largest one outside the U.K. Don't disagree they're kind of crappy - just don't think that's unique to Canada.

Totally comparing it to the Oxford St one. It was hyped so much I expected way more. The marvellous sign on Queen St makes it look like a huge deal. Very misleading. Lol.

Back