News   Jul 17, 2024
 464     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 612     0 

Allen Road/Spadina Subway Urbanization

It's historical factors. Spadina north of St. Clair West was in North York, where council apparently wasn't as willing to rezone stable residential to high-density. It's all about politics.

Rumour is that there's a condo proposal for 770 Lawrence Ave W...personally i don't like it....what with the lawrence heights revitalization.....there 's gonna be enough high density housing in the area......so sad...:(

they should bury Allen and connect it with the Don Valley, then bury the Gardiner then Bring 400 down to lake shore and bury it as well... maybe even make a underground cross town highway?.. is there such things as a underground interchange?

here i made a map :rolleyes:

highway.jpg

red = underground

Ha! An original creation, SNF?

Achieving a balance between fanboy optimism and... err... reality can always be a challenge.

here i made a map :rolleyes:

highway.jpg

red = underground

It would be our Big Dig! And this map would be just the beginning! We could proceed with phase 2 and restore the Don Valley to the 401 by burying the rest of that Parkway. And what about phase 3, the tunnels for the 427 and even the 401? Etobicoke and North York could use some tunnels too you know. All the while, the new subway lines will be built. It's practically guaranteed once the city finds some oil lands or precious mineral sites. Because we all know that Christie Pits was just the beginning.

Back