News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

A Weekened in Montreal's Most Far-Flung Suburb: BOSTON --- Part I of III

No doubt Boston's tame compared to other big cities, and I could see myself getting bored after a while. However, its tame and conservative nature makes me think it would be a very liveable place. Plus, it has a tremendous amount of history and character. And if you really get bored, NYC is a $15 Chinatown bus away.

allabootmatt said:
Every time I return to Toronto, for example, from Boston, I have the initial isn't-this-depressing-why-can't-we-get-our-act-together-aesthetically thought series. And then I walk around Kensington or Queen West or Chinatown or wherever, hear the music pounding from shop windows and see the crowds of people, and think that prettiness is overrated for sure. Beautiful places are for the most part boring ones. The theory even applies to your own hometown, Kilgore--which although pretty by Canadian standards is positively ramshackle compared to, well, Boston. And yet Montreal is a hell of a lot more interesting.

I definitely understand what you mean. Montreal and Toronto are actually pretty comparable: they're both messy, ugly but creative and culturally dynamic.

Great pictures!

Is that a Banksy?
2087933728_0640cf158d_o.jpg

That is what I thought to?

Back