News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 671     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 307     0 

9T6 (96 St. Patrick St., Camrost-Felcorp, 18s, Atkins) COMPLETE

I will be moving into 9T6 in two months.
I agree, the building exterior looks good, but the balcony looks awful and unfinished. I've sent an email about my concern and the finishing of the balcony. they can finish the balcony, similiar to how the side of the building looks. (ie. using stucco or stone effect painting and use a colour that complements the exterior)
Good job! I'll send an e-mail too!

I really hope the city does something to improve the streetscape on the east side of st.patrick street. they should move the sidewalk along the curb and plant grass and trees along the sides.
the side of the police building is ugly and so is the rear of the bell tower.
i believe the new residents of 9T6 should get together once the building is registered and take action to improve the streetscape. the city will be collecting new property taxes and should be used to make St.Patrick street more residential.
Well there's more residential coming (which can only help!). But yah, there's definitely lots of room for improvement. simply Dan actually e-mailed Adam Vaughan's office a few months back asking what neighbourhood improvements were involved with the approval of 9T6. Adam's assistant said he'd "get back to us about that," but never did. :confused:

look foward to meeting my neighbours! I'm also on the top floor. I'm curious to see what the view actually is facing east from the top floors. if anyone has any pics from an actual unit it would be greatly appreciated if you could post a few. i'm not happy about the balcony being left in its raw concrete state. looks terrible from the street level. owners of 9T6 should insist the builder finish any exposed concrete the same as how the side of the building looks.
We are looking forward to meeting some neighbours as well!

BTW, 9T6 does have a Facebook group. Feel free to meet your neighbours before you've even moved-in by clicking here: 9T6 Facebook Group

Here's a picture of 9T6 from the Robertson Building during last weekend's Doors Open...

DSCN0069.jpg

Darkstar416 and I have our PDI next Tuesday... I'm hoping we won't experience similar issues! We don't have a balcony, though, but a 2-storey glass wall instead - you can actually see our unit at the top and centre of the building in the above pic, overlooking OCAD and Grange Park.

Just noticed this post. I had my PDI last week and I was very happy. I had similar concerns re: balcony, although I checked with friends of mine who live in other condos and their balconies are the same.

That said, I was more concerned with the inside of my suite and luckily, everything was well done - I was impressed with the workmanship. After hearing horror stories from my friends who live in other condos downtown, I was also happy that this building was right on schedule.

Look forward to meeting you neighbours!

Cheers!

Hey, welcome MrCondo! Do you know Dr. Gridlock at the Globe and Mr. Equipment at CBC's Music & Company and Mr. Lif ...?

Balcony

Hi all,

How's it going fellow 9T6'ers?

Yes, I deleted that posting b/c I didn't want to negatively influence other's first impressions. Everyone has a right to form their own opinion and I apologize to those who have not yet had their PDI and might've been troubled by my critique.

It was a negative posting, but one I still stand by. The balcony's interior flooring remains a huge disappointment to me. Simply put, it looks shoddy and unfinished. The cigarette butts, litter and rust stains on the cement slabs certainly didn't help. Of course, as a result, I'm left concerned and wondering about how the rest of the common amenities will appear once they are supposedly completed.

Hopefully, however, we can find a positive approach towards building concensus and managing change. I guess, the bottom line is that I'll just have to get creative and tailor the balcony, without permanently changing it or it's appearance from the street.

The other reason that I removed the posting was that, in almost all other respects, I am greatly impressed with the development and am excited to move in and join the community.

Cheers,

Thanks for the explanation Heavyfoot, but I doubt anyone here is going to take a post on UT that seriously. We all have our opinions and wouldn't think differently if yours didn't match ours (just for the record).

A few questions for you...

How long was it between your PDI and your move-in date? What does the interiors of the building currently look like? Just concrete halls until everyone has moved in? Do you have any pictures you'd be willing to share?

BTW, 9T6 also has a Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2265498713

The corridors, lobby, etc. are still unfinished and I think the 2nd floor amenities will be open to residents in August, if I understood correctly.

It was roughly two weeks between PDI and move in date.

On another note... I originally was considering Boutique condos, but it is right on Richmond and Simcoe... lots of traffic and noise pollution... probably a lot more dust that would carry up to suites, as well. Upon discovering 9T6 and the quaint, quiet feel of St.Patrick Street there was little doubt in my mind that it would be a great investment and living space.

Will take some photos for posting within the week.

Regards,

PMI this week

Hi New Neighbours:
We will be doing our PMI inspection this week.
Have any common problems been detected in your inspections.
Hope to meet everyone soon.

Hi New Neighbours:
We will be doing our PMI inspection this week.
Have any common problems been detected in your inspections.
Hope to meet everyone soon.
Our PDI is tomorrow, I'll let you know then!

Hi All,
I'll try to get some pics up this week. Stay tuned!
I'll get some pics up tomorrow as well.

Please join the 9T6 Facebook group if you haven't yet!

Back