90 Niagara (Fieldgate Homes) - Real Estate -

UT Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thread for the discussion and sharing of information about purchasing at 90 Niagara boutique condos and lofts, from Fieldgate Homes.

I went to the preview sales event opening tonight and there were a good number of people in attendance.
Pricing is from $600-650/sq.ft. and the finishes and features were mediocre.
There are a number of two-storey units and townhouses, but in general the floorplans could be better as they were not designed well for furniture placement.
The area is close to King West, but still a neighbourhood in transition as it is within a stone's throw of the slaughterhouse and the coffin factory building across the street will be redeveloped into more condos with some retail.

On the plus side is that this is a true boutique building with less than 50 units and the units feature full sized appliances.
This is Fieldgate's first condo development so it will be interesting to see how this building turns out.

The Coffin Factory building is going to undergo a major renovation as part of the development proposal immediately to the south. From what I understand, the abattoir is not closing, but changing ownership.

Anyone know otherwise?

This is a nice, intimate project with a good mix of suites. I'm not sure if the big party room and party terrace is necessary, but it could be a nice perk.

The Coffin Factory building is going to undergo a major renovation as part of the development proposal immediately to the south. From what I understand, the abattoir is not closing, but changing ownership.

Anyone know otherwise?

This is a nice, intimate project with a good mix of suites. I'm not sure if the big party room and party terrace is necessary, but it could be a nice perk.

The rumour for the last 6 months or so (maybe a bit longer) is Freed has the abattoir in contract. That could be wrong but the source comes from Matt Slutsky of BBH. What he hears isn't always right, but he's about as in the know as one gets when in comes to these kinds of things.

Hard to believe but the latest announcement is:
Closing date is delayed until March 29, 2019!
And they do not mean closing date, but occupancy date. We may never see the end of this.
What can be the reason? Hoping that someone will be unhappy and sell them back their condo for the price that it was back in 2014... Doubt you cannot sell to someone else for at least $300K more.

Is this even allowed? Can they keep delaying endlessly? Or are they just trying to push buyers out?

Good question if this is allowed. Would be better as a group to explore legalities of this developer’s decision. Inicial occupancy was 2016. If they are now proposing the end of March 2019 that is 3 years later... even if then... for a new smaller scale construction and no explanation of the reasons why???

Back