Toronto 820 Church Street | 124.1m | 38s | 820 Church GP | Arcadis

Lanes can be eliminated. TTC substations can be moved to the parking garage.

The TTC works with developers to build second entrances and increased fire ventilation all the time, why not to move a substation?

About that parking garage... There won't be one.

From a couple months ago, but @jmacmillan mentioned in the Bloor Yorkville neighbourhood thread that there was a drilling rig (soil sampler?) present at this site at that time.

Yesterday, I noticed a drilling rig on the site of the former car wash at 822 Church Street.

Looks like lots of soil sample barrels:

Oct 11, 2020

20201011_104926.jpg
20201011_104935.jpg
20201011_154246.jpg

Looks like lots of soil sample barrels:

Oct 11, 2020

View attachment 276259View attachment 276260View attachment 276261

It won't happen (I don't imagine); but I always felt the The Reference Library should expand further into this site; (pre-Covid the Library could be very busy at times.); and then create a slightly larger public space beyond the building; allowing for some windows as part of the Library expansion, and a space that feels more animated than a narrow back passage.

Last edited:
Something different not bad! The facade has that stain glass effect look with different coloured windows zigzaging up and down the building etc! As seen in the photos up above!

^ clearly this aerial render is more than a "look at how short our building is" approval strategy... I'm betting they are aiming for more height 'cause "look how short..."

Does anyone know the developer for this? Thought I glimpsed Greywood somewhere but my lazy search turned up nothing.

Like many others, I’m a big fan of projects that incorporate a mixed colour palette of glass/cladding… when executed well.

820 Church reminds me a little bit of IBI’s The Perry Condos which turned out nice despite fairly muted colours.

31326-107860.jpeg

Shot by Benito

Back