650 King West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

Does anyone know who to contact about some repairs to common elements? For example, in the entrance area where cars drive in, on King Street, there is damaged aluminum on the ceiling (on the outside of the building). This would have likely been done by a construction vehicle since its too high to have been caused by a moving truck. There are also loose bricks on the ground where you drive in.

Also, the light in the first bench of the lobby has been burned out for months. There are also bulbs burned out over the conceirge desk. Lights should not burn out this quickly, so perhaps its an electrical issue.

These issues have been like this for months. Any suggestions on who we can contact?

As its likely that the corporation has not been turned over to the owners, you might want to contact the property manager (retained by the developer) or the construction company who may still be doing finishes on site. If you are an owner, your discloser book will contain the names of the developer-assigned board of directors. You can try call them if there are persistent problems with the building.

Got an email yesterday confirming my occupancy date and PDI. The official address of the Bathurst building will be 95 Bathurst St. It also looks like 'final closing' will take place shortly after all units have taken occupancy.

...The official address of the Bathurst building will be 95 Bathurst St...

Thanks for the update starks0980. For the King building residents I think this is good news for having the buildings registered separately with the city (i.e. shorter occupancy term) considering there would be two addresses. (?)

So I'm trying to have a positive out-look here (being a resident and all), but what's the deal with the terraces dripping water on King Street? Pedestrians basically look up, have a pissed look on their face, then walk on the street's curb to side step the falling water. And just making an assumption here, but whoever the commercial property is moving in on the ground floor will not be too pleased with water dripping on their patrons.

Another blunder chalked to design!

Some of the balconies feature planters which have their own automatic irrigation system.
The boxwoods were planted not so long ago, so I'm sure they need some good watering to get them established especially in this heat.

I get that part, but why wouldn't they design the planters so the water goes into a drain rather than fall on the sidewalk below? They could have recycled this water for the next cycle of the irrigation system.

That Bathurst Building has units that are ready for occupancy now???? From the looks of it on the outside, I thought it was still at least a few months away, if not more. My occupancy date isnt scheduled until the middle of September, but I have doubts it will be ready even then. What floor are you on?

I am on the mezzanine floor facing the courtyard, my occupancy is set for August 2nd. The unit is completed, just missing the microwave

Wow thats great, I didnt realize things were moving that fast. By the way, I couldnt see the pictures on your link. When I tried to see it, the link said that the pictures have been deleted.

That Bathurst Building has units that are ready for occupancy now???? From the looks of it on the outside, I thought it was still at least a few months away, if not more. My occupancy date isnt scheduled until the middle of September, but I have doubts it will be ready even then. What floor are you on?

I am on the 4th floor...my PDI is scheduled for July 26th and occupancy August 9th so things seem to be on track.

Carturo - I wasn't able to view your pictures either...

Ya this one works fine. Not sure what the problem was before. Looks great, I hope they get the other units done soon. It looks like some of the upper units dont even have glass or balcony glass in yet.

Back