News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 694     1 

613, 619-621 Queen Street West (Queen West fire site, Hullmark, 3s, Quadrangle)

Just one of many reasons why spanking is sometimes necessary when children act out and refuse to obey their parents. Tagging is just one of many byproducts of people that grew up without any respect for anything that isn't their own, and who were most likely never disciplined when they did something wrong; so they never learned to be courteous and selfless. No one ever wants to address the social issues at play, however, because that requires us to observe, in this case, what are probably failings of deadbeat parents, and then judge them. We don't want to hurt any feelings, so we just come up with band aid solutions to these sorts of problems instead of digging deeper and trying to eradicate them at their source. Everything is learned behaviour. Who is putting thoughts of vandalism into the minds of our youth? It's incredible how much effort is put into ending bullying, but why isn't that sort of energy focused on teaching young people the value of respect for their physical environment? Bullying isn't acceptable, but neither is being a complete twit who thinks he/she can do whatever they please to things they don't own.

Yeah, it's for sure because those kids weren't spanked when they were young that they decided to tag these buildings. Somebody give this guy a Nobel prize.

Yeah, it's for sure because those kids weren't spanked when they were young that they decided to tag these buildings. Somebody give this guy a Nobel prize.

Well then, what is the cause? Generally, people that grow up in good homes and are taught to respect others and their property, end up doing so. What influences someone to be a vandal? Isn't behaviour tied to how one was raised? If parents don't give a damn about their children and never punish them, then they think they can get away with anything. Spanking is just one of many ways of addressing bad behaviour. It tells a child -- when talking doesn't get through to them -- that there are consequences for being disobedient and it makes them second guess themselves next time they think about doing something that they shouldn't. Laugh all you want, but there is too much recidivism in society these days, and I think that is due to issues in the home. More and more, young people aren't being monitored enough by their parents (whether that is due to divorce, working multiple jobs/long hours, or just lazy parents, etc.) and there is a lack of respect instilled in them. I can almost guarantee that the types doing tagging come from broken family backgrounds, or have had some personal issue(s) that have created some form of bitterness and rebellion in them (not to say that all those that have similar upbringings are the same; but there is a greater likelihood for one to get involved in shady behaviour if they aren't well loved and taught the basic values of human decency). You don't think a lot of the problems in the world have a correlation to this? If we want to put an end things like tagging, and vandalism in general, then I think we need to look at how people are being raised. Who is telling them that this is acceptable?

Anyway, back on topic.

I can't imagine being a teenager nowadays. It was hard enough in the 1990s before everyone had a phone let alone a tricorder.

I don't see corporal punishment as a solution. Now cameras that can actually identify the culprits may be a solution. Most are good natured kids with decent upbringings. Their minds have just gone haywire. Tagging wasn't a big thing in my day but, we did a lot of other stupid things.

hiVRO1p.jpg

There's an LCBO location opening on the ground level here. From the looks of it, the store is almost ready for opening. All the finishings/shelves have been installed.

I live in the neighbourhood and this was a much needed location. Wine Rack/Beer Store only serviced the neighborhood. Should hopefully reduce the insane crowds at King/Spadina location.

That's really good news! Thanks for the update. It's a great 'hood. And just to get rid of the ugly scaffolding and hoarding here will be a godsend and transformational.

And of course the "heritage ghost glass" from the render falls victim to the Cheapening.

Welcome to Toronto, masters of value engineering.

Your impatience is causing you to jump to a conclusion. The building is not finished yet.

Back