288     1 
News   Jan 22, 2020
 814     1 

60 Yonge Street (Lanterra, ?s, ?)

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
While the TBG and the ZBL are both hardly hard limits - the ZBL at least has some root in actual law. And it says 76m. Regardless, given the price here, we are likely looking 200m+.

Also, the TBG have a height limit of 182m as this fronts onto Yonge.

Urban-Affair

Member Bio
Reaction score
East Side Toronto / North Side Switzerland
I am curious, does anyone know how developers generally go about their assemblage of property in order to have enough land for a feasible development? Meaning, do they get a 'foot in the door' property sometimes so to speak, sort of like how 60 Yonge is the first property purchase for Lanterra in this location? ( 48 Yonge doesn't appear to be owned by them - yet.)

Urban-Affair

Member Bio
Reaction score
East Side Toronto / North Side Switzerland
Perhaps, but would the allowed density bring in enough return compared to the current use? It is a 12 storey office building after all. The building next door - Victoria Hotel - sold for around 20 mill earlier this year also to an investment company from BC - BCIMC. 56 Yonge, south of that, hasn't sold recently I don't believe.

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Perhaps, but would the allowed density bring in enough return compared to the current use? It is a 12 storey office building after all. The building next door - Victoria Hotel - sold for around 20 mill earlier this year also to an investment company from BC - BCIMC. 56 Yonge, south of that, hasn't sold recently I don't
believe.
Hmm? can this thread have anything to do with the proposal @ 25 King W..https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/25-king-st-w-64s.28164/

56 yonge.PNG

Attachments