550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

a 641SF 1 bedroom unit at 550 Wellington was at $254.900 just 4 months ago, now they are asking for the same unit $299.900. This is almost 18% increase in less than 4 months. How realistic are these prices??, what do you think about this project?

"Realistic" prices are whatever the market will bear or stupid enough to pay for.

As far as Thompson Hotels go, well they are hardly a 5-Star quality hotel. The property in New York is far from extraordinary and I can't imagine sustainably high occupancies for this location given the wretched state of tourism in this city.
I actually had the same perception about tourism in Toronto until I saw some actual stats that actually looked promising.

I still don't see how ALL of these REIT-owned hotels are supposed to turn a profit, though.

I'll try to find it. It showed that, despite the high dollar, overnight stays had increased dramatically in 2007.

any word on upgrade costs?

I haven't heard anything yet. They haven't posted the prices at the design center when I was there last weekend, I'll check it again this weekend.

The designers on site apparently should know though.

Maybe this is on purpose?

The designers on site apparently should know though

They do know...i was told that i would be sent pricing details on several items (ie. appliances, tubs, toilets, sinks which are not based on $sq/ft), that was on Monday.

They do know...i was told that i would be sent pricing details on several items (ie. appliances, tubs, toilets, sinks which are not based on $sq/ft), that was on Monday.

So you have to pick your items to get prices on? No general price list?

Will you post when you receive it?

550 Wellington (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

PDI's starting next week. First occupancy set for December 1st.

Re: Move-in Date Pushed Back

I got a letter in the mail today, my move-in date has been pushed back two weeks to January 29th. My unit is on the 6th floor.

I was expecting this but I think I can wait another two weeks...

I'm on 6 too. Got pushed back to the 21st. REAL shitty since I have to move out of my current place on the 18th. Anyone know of a good storage place downtown??

I'm on 6 too. Got pushed back to the 21st. REAL shitty since I have to move out of my current place on the 18th. Anyone know of a good storage place downtown??

Try Public Storage at the end of jefferson avenue (at the gardiner) in liberty village, south of king street west. It is cheap and convienent with a good security system.

Back