News   Jun 26, 2024
 456     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 523     0 

535 Yonge Street

ndawgg

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I just noticed yesterday that 535 Yonge Street has been sold. There were a couple workers inside and a small "sold" sign on the window. Was in a hurry so I couldn't get a good look at what was going on but it seemed like early days and not much happening yet.

Anybody know what's going in here? Or if it's the first purchase of a larger parcel?

IMG_0282.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,162
Last edited by a moderator:
I get it. It's quite possible this was a hold out and will be incorporated into a larger assembled parcel or something completely different. Right now, it's just a sold building. IMHO, It doesn't need a thread in the development forum.

I get it. It's quite possible this was a hold out and will be incorporated into a larger assembled parcel or something completely different. Right now, it's just a sold building. IMHO, It doesn't need a thread in the development forum.

Part of the first block south of Wellesley, with a parking lot inbehind. Definitely looks like it could be assemblage for a future development, just look at what was proposed at 2 Carlton.

I don't think having its own thread hurts right now, there's no existing related development threads, it's an interesting sale (to me at least), and maybe it gets merged into a development thread later. Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if Toronto has publicly accessble property tax records to look up area owners? Might be interesting to see if any of these have been assembled. I know Vaughan has a little computer in its municipal hall that you can use to look up property ownership.

Does anyone know if Toronto has publicly accessble property tax records to look up area owners? Might be interesting to see if any of these have been assembled. I know Vaughan has a little computer in its municipal hall that you can use to look up property ownership.

You can look up that information at city hall. I'm sure you can spot many a land assembly by the names of the owners of adjacent properties. But someone assembling properties could also disguise a land assembly by having corporations with dissimilar names own all the assembled properties. Then, you'd have to get corporate searches of the names of the directors and keep doing corporate searches for any corporations as directors.

Someone could still disguise his or her land assembly by getting various different people to serve as directors of the corporate owners. Why would someone go to such lengths to conceal land assembly efforts? Once the adjacent property owners learn of the plans, they may raise their selling prices for the property, knowing that it's integral to a greater profit scheme. By coming up with various owners, developers can disguise their land assemblies without engaging in dishonest or fraudulent business practices.

Think the one with boots still on display is from 1.9.2012 that's going with the info on the picture.... the oldest one sorry not in order

When ever I would go by this place I would take a picture...last one was this week...think it was Friday...November 29 2019View attachment 217881View attachment 217882View attachment 217883View attachment 217884View attachment 217882View attachment 217883

May those buildings north of Wellesley, including the former Seduction and the similar to this black painted facades be cleaned up with equally fine results.

A hint of what a cleaned-up Yonge could look like; quality heritage restored, blended with new and dense development replacing the mediocre crap.

Think the one with boots still on display is from 1.9.2012 that's going with the info on the picture.... the oldest one sorry not in order
I've taken the liberty of putting those in order for you, hope you don't mind—thanks for assembling those for us!

Back