500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

The fumes are poisonous. I assumed that it was from the heating system but it's actually from the bathroom exhaust fan. I don't have it turned on and it's been spewing horrible and intense smoke. It was choking me. I've complained and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed. I've had to tape a plastic bag with painters tape so that it would cover it in the meantime. I'm very frustrated and angry about this. It's now been 1 week and the management office, Reza and the superintendent are all very nonchalant about it all. Meanwhile, they go ahead and raise the maintenance fees by over 12%! I should get a reduction in my maintenance fees with all the problems that I've experienced. How about they pay for my hotel room until they fix this?

what does that break down to in $ psf excluding parking and locker fees, if applicable?

** FAGOR FRIDGE ISSUES **

Anyone have 24" Fagor Fridge and experiencing issues with it. Came home from being away over the weekend and the temperature isn't working. I've tried troubleshooting based on the suggestions in the manual, but it won't cool anymore. The funny thing is is that the freezer is still working.

I went on the Fagor America website to find that the fridge is under recall do to a faulty control panel that may cause a fire hazard. Here is the link: http://www.fagoramerica.com/my_fagor/recall/serial_numbers[/url]

Let me know if anyone else is experiencing issues or has a Fagor fridge under this recall.

POtential fix for Fagor fridge issue

Hi:

I had much the same issue on my GE fridge in my last condo. It's the condensor fan. It was relatively easy to replace on the GE.

What do I need to do to get a window fixed? Reza came to check but the builder wont replace it because it looks like I broke it. Fine, but they wont even replace it if I pay them. I spoke to my insurance and they said to put it through the condoinsurance. My question is, what route do I take? If i must hire someone outside to replace it, anyonehave any recommendations?

What do I need to do to get a window fixed? Reza came to check but the builder wont replace it because it looks like I broke it. Fine, but they wont even replace it if I pay them. I spoke to my insurance and they said to put it through the condoinsurance. My question is, what route do I take? If i must hire someone outside to replace it, anyonehave any recommendations?

Ask for the name of the company that did the windows.

Ask for the name of the company that did the windows.

And then use a different company!

Unless you think they did a good job with your windows, in which case it makes sense to use them.

The person who installed my windows did a crappy job - they are drafty, incompletely sealed, and they frames were dented. I would never give them my business.

And then use a different company!

Unless you think they did a good job with your windows, in which case it makes sense to use them.

The person who installed my windows did a crappy job - they are drafty, incompletely sealed, and they frames were dented. I would never give them my business.

I would fill out the Tarion form for your issue. I believe this is still covered under the warranty. Do it quick because the building is coming up to 2 years this month. I would call Tarion immediately first and they can advise you.

If its not covered by Tarion, you should check your condo agreement to see if windows are part of the common element of the buidling. If so, then the fixing/replacement of windows is the responsiblity of the condo and should be done by the condo.

Bike storage?

I know this is off topic, but does anyone else own a bike but no parking space downstairs? If so, where are you storing yours?

Did you notice the signs are gone and nothing else mentioned? If they bring it up again their days will be numbered once the building is registered with a new board.

What ever happened with that? There's no more bike storage on P1, were people forced to move their bikes? Where did everyone put theirs?

So the deadline to nominate one's self for one of the two vacant director positions is upcoming. The positions are Treasurer (Klaus) and Director at Large (Developer's son).

Klaus is not sure if he is going to run again. He battles a lot and power is not his motivation, so there is a lot of stress. I, however, know that the condo is much better off with him on the board, so I am encouraging him to run again.

Any thoughts?

Back