500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

Just received a notice under my door, on the 4th floor, re blinds. Received a letter in December informing me that I will owe 2300 for blinds. I immediately sent to my lawyer who also sent a letter to the builders stated nothing in my purchase agreement stated that I would be charged for the blinds and seeing I did not have any say in ordering them I was not paying. My lawyer has received no reply back for the builders as of this week.

Not payng for the blinds

I bought one of the model units and was really pissed of to see a grab for money for the blinds. As I said to my lawyer, i gave them 5 months to use the unit as a showroom after I agree to buy it - I deayed my move-in to September. In so far as I am concerned, I will not pay for the blinds any more than the other upgrades I received with the unit. I bought the unit finished.

On another note, has anyone else found Roseanne to be less than helpful? She gave me a nasty runaround on my move-in day. I also had issues with my storage locker being filled with what looked to be the bulders materials for the first two weeks. It was not until I threatened to remove that material that anything was done. I have heard she has caused issues for others as well.

Despite these issues, I love my unit. I think the cleaners and security are doing a wonderful job. I hope to wortk with the rest f you to make our home the very best place to live.

I'll happily sign any letter as required.

Has anyone had condensation problems in their unit?

We had the 'window' guy come in twice, and in broken english he told us that it's too hot in our unit. Thing is, it's freezing. Especially at night and first thing in the morning. We are North facing and have condensation on all of our windows from top to bottom. We also know it's not a humidity issue as the floor guy tested our unit and said our humidity % is too low.

Anyone?

Could someone post a copy of the blinds letter? Or send it to me directly? I need a copy for my lawyer. Thanks.

Has anyone had condensation problems in their unit?

We had the 'window' guy come in twice, and in broken english he told us that it's too hot in our unit. Thing is, it's freezing. Especially at night and first thing in the morning. We are North facing and have condensation on all of our windows from top to bottom. We also know it's not a humidity issue as the floor guy tested our unit and said our humidity % is too low.

Anyone?

I have a north facing unit on a lower floor and have no issues with condensation.

Could someone post a copy of the blinds letter? Or send it to me directly? I need a copy for my lawyer. Thanks.

If you call the builder they will send it to you by email or fax. The original letters were specific to each unit. The charges for blinds were different for each type of unit in the building. If you are referring to the follow up letter from the builder. It was there response to my original letter and basically states that they will discount the blinds by 25% at closing or if you close without paying they will remove the blinds from your unit. You are not required to pay for the blinds, however, they will remove them sometime after closing (or so they say).

If you call the builder they will send it to you by email or fax. The original letters were specific to each unit. The charges for blinds were different for each type of unit in the building. If you are referring to the follow up letter from the builder. It was there response to my original letter and basically states that they will discount the blinds by 25% at closing or if you close without paying they will remove the blinds from your unit. You are not required to pay for the blinds, however, they will remove them sometime after closing (or so they say).

I just need the wording of the original letter (minus the charge, since it's different), as I no longer have a copy of the one given me

I just need the wording of the original letter (minus the charge, since it's different), as I no longer have a copy of the one given me

I tried attaching a scan of my letter but this forum wouldn't take a simple 20kb pdf :/ Sent you a PM instead.

Blind to the issue

I received two letters re: the blinds. I have not acknowledged either of them - just sent copies to my lawyer. I have not heard anything more, especially in regards to "removing" them.

Yep! I'm another one who was told at the PDI that the blinds were a gift from the builder. Some gift!
I really appreciate the effort that has gone into getting us all together on this forum. Especially I wish to thank yangsui who delivered the printed notices to my floor.
I think that several ideas here are good. At the Star of Downtown I read that some occupants discovered that the stars were not shining on them and called a meeting with the local councillor (Kyle Ray at that time) and Tarion and the builder. From what I read on this site it sounded as though they got some co-operation from the builder as a result of that meeting. I think that we would get considerable support from the builder if we could arrange a meeting with our Councillor, the builder and The Toronto Star, but then maybe I am dreaming.
I think that we need a private place to meet and exchange ideas. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Meet at a local bar/resto?

Anyone want to meet at a local bar or resto? It would be nice to meet some of the other people in the building regardless of the blinds issue.

I think that we need a private place to meet and exchange ideas. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

You can also book a room at the 519 Community Centre for free. You have to make a rough estimate of how many people that you expect so you can book the proper room size.

Regarding unfixed PDI items, maybe you should contact Tarion. Try this page for more information: http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Statutory-Warranty/Pages/Statutory-Warranty-Process.aspx
Tarion needs to know that this builder is not fixing PDI items. I believe such complaints can negatively effect the builders reputation with Tarion and hence the public as well. They deserve a bad reputation, in my opinion.

--

I covered floors 3-6 with the flyers. Thanks Yangsui for doing 9-11.

Still annoyed about the fast one they are trying to pull with the blinds, and annoyed with Times Group for other issues as well. I too will never ever buy from them again. nohotmess, I think you were reading my mind when you wrote your post.

However, I would like to report to you all that my lawyer has received the final adjustment statement, and there is no charge on it for the blinds! This statement is where I believe the charge would normally appear, so it is looking like they aren't going to charge me... I am still prepared for them to try to anyway, but I am now hopeful. I also have not received any notice from them that they are going to remove the blinds.

Back