News   Jul 24, 2024
 489     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 408     0 

415 Jarvis - opinions?

Riverman

Member Bio
Reaction score
There are a few homes for sale in the 415 Jarvis townhouse complex. They don't seem to be selling quickly although the price seems reasonable and it seems to me that is a lovely neighbourhood. Opinions?

Thanks, Jeff

they are poorly constructed with chip plywood and drywall, but i guess that's typical of newer construction these days.

although it may not be relevant now since it's already constructed, when they were in pre-construction, the floorplans were very deceptive as the bedroom dimensions included the depth of the closets, which is not normal practice.

Funny, whenever I see a brick building like that I don't think it is stick built. Here brick is rarely used so when I see a large building faced with brick I immediately think "quality".

Most of the concern I would have are the rooftop patios - how the roofing is done, flashing, etc.

I've been on the same block as 415 for the last few years. It's a good neighbourhood, it's close to everything, I've never really had any problems, and I think as an investment it'll do well (everything nearby has been appreciating at a faster rate than the market at large).

As for 415 itself, I looked at some of the units a couple years ago but decided it wasn't really my thing. I found the units to be a bit dark, and it felt like the stairs would've gotten tiresome really quickly.

Priced too high

Ive been watching this address too, most of the reasonably priced units have been selling quickly (2 bed/2 bath) there were two about a month ago one was on market 4 days, another 7 days. There is a 2 level unit on the market now but it was priced at 378 which is a lot higher than the last few ones that sold... they just lowered it to 368 when you wrote yesterday... if you are getting the listings from an agent by email you should see this, but if you r just checking on the mls website then maybe you are missing some of the ones that are listing and selling quickly. it seems like a good comploex, i like that you can walk in from the street, no doormen, buzzers, elevators, it feels a bit like having your own house i think.

I rented a small second bedroom in a unit here for approximately 3 months in 2008 from an owner who'd been in the unit for a number of years. I know she had noise issues from time to time with an adjoining unit, which might speak to the original construction and build quality (she really likes the neighbourhood though). Based on my brief time there I'd never consider buying due to the configuration and all of the stairs. I've seen a handful of 2 level condo units that I really liked, but I realized after being there that a stacked townhouse wouldn't be my preference.

Back