Toronto 40 Moccasin Trail & 50 Greenbelt Drive | 28.65m | 8s | Hampton Metrics | GSA Studio

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a bit of a strange one, for its high density at an awkward (if you ask me) location:

5.png

Proposal to demolish existing rental residential buildings and replace them with three residential buildings of 10, 4 and 4 storeys with 324 residential units (263 condominium units and 61 rental replacement units) with a density of 2.96 FSI.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-61996.pdf

1.png

The applicant and the City reached a settlement and the appeal was approved in principle at the OMB: http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions/pl151208-Jun-22-2017.pdf

Since the filing of the Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment applications, the proposed development has undergone various revisions. The currently proposed project is an eight-storey residential apartment building on Green Belt Drive and a four storey residential apartment building on Moccasin Trail. The project would replace existing rental apartment housing.

[...]

ORDER
[22] The Board orders that:

1. the Zoning By-law Amendment and the Official Plan Amendment appeals are allowed in part and the draft Zoning By-law Amendments set out in Attachments 1 and 2 to this Decision and the draft Official Plan Amendment set out in Attachment 3 to this Decision are approved in principle;

2. the Board’s order respecting the Zoning By-law Amendment and Official Plan Amendment appeals and its approval of the draft Zoning By-law Amendments and Official Plan Amendment are withheld pending the satisfaction of the conditions set out in Attachment 4 to this Decision;

3. as soon as possible after the satisfaction of the conditions set out in Attachment 4 to this Decision, the parties will file the final draft Zoning By-law Amendments and Official Plan Amendment with the Board and indicate to the Board what, if any, changes have been made from the drafts set out in Attachments 1, 2, and 3 to this Decision;

4. the Board retains jurisdiction over determining the final form and content of the Zoning By-law Amendments and Official Plan Amendments;

5. a status update telephone conference call will be held on Friday, November 17, 2017 at 9 a.m. at which time the parties will update the Board on progress made and address the issue of whether a final deadline is required for the satisfaction of the conditions set out in Attachment 4 to this Decision. The Board case coordinator will forward call-in details for the call to the parties;

6. pursuant to Rule 107 of the Board’s Rules of Practice and Procedure, this Decision is effective as of May 30, 2017.

The Don Mills Residents Inc. newsletter says these are approved, but no details. I am not sure where I look for this info.

The Don Mills Residents Inc. newsletter says these are approved, but no details. I am not sure where I look for this info.

Just above your post, in post #3, @PMT posted the (then) OMB's approval and order.

It would appear only the zoning was approved at the OMB as the City still has live Site Plan Approval Applications which were last updated in 2021:

Look under the 'supporting documents tab for various files such as Architecture Plans)

They may actually be approved and not just closed off given the time involved (SPA files don't go to Council for Approval), you'd have to phone the planner.

Last edited:
Just above your post, in post #3, @PMT posted the (then) OMB's approval and order.

It would appear only the zoning was approved at the OMB as the City still has live Site Plan Approval Applications which were last updated in 2021:

Look under the 'supporting documents tab for various files such as Architecture Plans)

They may actually be approved and not just closed off given the time involved (SPA files don't go to Council for Approval), you'd have to phone the planner.
I saw the "approved in principal" a long time ago. The Toronto link seems to be borked, not loading.

Project is in receivership.

@Paclo may wish to make note.

Back