News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

4 days 'til spring

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Almost there. The city waits patiently for a few more sunsets.

DSCN2373.jpg

^The crane at the far right is the crane for Verve.

DSCN2375.jpg

Again, one of the joys of having a view. Why on earth would anyone live in a highrise without a view? What's the point? You mind as well live in a basement apartment...

Hey how much is the rent for a 1 bedroon in your apartment building? (I'm paying $940 for a 1 bedroom in an okay but rather boring area of town.) I've got a similar view--albeit a bit further west with those annoying Crossroads clunkers blocking my view of the Wellesley to Carleton St corridor. Are those Dovercourt towers any good?

Sorry for OT post PM if you want. Thanks.

Again, one of the joys of having a view. Why on earth would anyone live in a highrise without a view? What's the point? You mind as well live in a basement apartment...

Well, not quite. A basement apartment is kind of dank and musty and usually doesn't vent properly because of the small windows. They're also depressingly dark during the daytime and there's the threat of flooding.

Great views. You should host the next UT party.

That second view is perfect for seeing BA and RBC impact the skyline. You'll have unubstructed views of those new highrises once they are complete. Same with Trump, Shangri-La and Festival Tower.

If you can, try and do a time-lapse picture at the same time each day from the same spot. It'll look great on Youtube when it is all said and done -- if you have the time and patience.

Hey how much is the rent for a 1 bedroon in your apartment building? (I'm paying $940 for a 1 bedroom in an okay but rather boring area of town.) I've got a similar view--albeit a bit further west with those annoying Crossroads clunkers blocking my view of the Wellesley to Carleton St corridor. Are those Dovercourt towers any good?

Sorry for OT post PM if you want. Thanks.

It looks like he lives in one of those apartments on Jameson Av. I lived there when I moved to Canada. It's a tradeoff: I had the most incredible view but I moved to a quieter area after one day arriving home and there were cops and police tape everywhere as somebody had been shot dead in front of my door. :mad:

... but the view was nice!

"Well, not quite. A basement apartment is kind of dank and musty and usually doesn't vent properly because of the small windows. They're also depressingly dark during the daytime and there's the threat of flooding."

...but then again it's cheaper and you have your own access where you can easily come and go as you please and often have access to some outdoor space at ground level. Ok, basement apartments are crap but I would also prefer to live in one than in an apartment without a view.

Spring also means cleaning.........lots of window washers out today

Attachments

• springcleaning.jpg
    springcleaning.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 185
Spring means fly fishing- my favorite time of year. Beers on the deck and steaks on the barbie- all is good. But what a sucky winter- glad it's nearing end.

Almost there. The city waits patiently for a few more sunsets.

Nice view. Although we have to wait a little bit more before we fully enjoy the spring as it's still snowing. :confused:
However, having living here for more than twenty years has taught me to enjoy the four seasons :)

Back