News   Mar 28, 2024
 177     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

3D My Condo - Carnaby Lofts the Twill(1-bedroom,582sq.ft.)

Hey Iadhaan!

It's hilarious that I ran into this because I got the exact same unit as you! I'm excited for both of us. Some really inspirational layouts here. Do you mind if I hijack this thread and steal some ideas? Also to avoid having identically furnished units too!

Hey Iadhaan!

It's hilarious that I ran into this because I got the exact same unit as you! I'm excited for both of us. Some really inspirational layouts here. Do you mind if I hijack this thread and steal some ideas? Also to avoid having identically furnished units too!

Hey peter330! Such a small world I tell you. You would need to ask measuredmove's permission, as this is her thread and all her hard work (with the feedback of some amazing UT members of course.) Maybe she can do a project for you? She is great to work with :)

No problem – public forum/public ideas. It would be funny if your 2 units were furnished the same, but there were enough really good ideas to choose from. And a ton more by looking on the furniture websites.
Ladhaan’s project will have to be the last I’m going to be able to work with online for a while. I’ve had a lot of positive feedback to the space planning threads sent to me on my website with inquiries to hire me to space plan for some new clients. So I’ll have to concentrate on these projects for the foreseeable future. I have really enjoyed the 2 projects: aiekon’s townhouse and Ladhaan’s condo. Learned a lot and have added a ton of new models to my library!
A few people have asked how much time was spent on the projects. I didn’t keep track with aiekon’s townhouse but was probably close to 100 hours and I did keep track with Ladhaan’s and its 50 hours to date. So you guys owe me big bucks-just kidding-it was my pleasure to work with both of you.
Cheers

Great work, it all looks amazing! Good luck with your ventures!

Thanks, Peter Hope you can use some of the great ideas posted and at the very least you have the dimensions to work with. Maybe after you've moved in you could post some pics to the thread to demo a variation of the same unit. Best luck with your move.
Cheers

measuredmove, how do you have time to do this pro bono??

When I first read your post, I thought you were asking me if I had time to do more Pro Bono projects and I had prepared a response Like,jeez,isn't 150 hours pro bono enough? I need paying jobs now! But I hadn't phrased it quite so bluntly.:eek:
But you are asking me HOW I have the time. I guess I really enjoy doing the whole process from concept to finished animation. With aiekon's townhouse, the process was to learn the best way to organize the work for a 2-story unit and also to practice the rendering software I had just purchased in December. Most of the projects I have done in the past have either been downsizing with existing furniture or concepts of model suites for projects just being developed. So having to model new furniture choices from websites was different and a great learning experience.
Ladhaan's condo was closer to the size of project I'm used to but a blank slate that was reconfigured a number of different ways. Again, another great learning experience.
Time-wise I do a couple of hours at night and weekends also luckily I had a number of days of A/L to use up so I was able to work on the projects then. Also if I have a choice between modelling and housework-3D wins so my house is really dusty. Really dusty.

Layout Updates [/b]

[I]Hi Ladhaan:
If you have any updates for your layout just let me know
Thanks[/I]

[B]I'm actually leaning towards the following coffee table (the 50" version):[url]http://www.westelm.com/products/rustic-storage-coffee-table-g569/?pkey=ccoffee-side-tables|coffee-tables|&cm_src=coffee-side-tables||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-[/url]

Also, for the living room wall, I'll probably want to paint that wall and make it a feature wall rather than hanging art.

I would love a piece of art beside the dining room wall :)

Thx,[/B]

[I]Are you leaning towards a particular colour for the TV wall? Or a type of art for the dining room wall? [/I]

[B]I'm really looking to go for a faux wood wall like below:
Porto Vita project/2id Interiors
Check out this photo from houzz.com- [url]http://houzz.com/sr/m=7/u=L3Bob3Rvcy8xNTM1NzE3OA==[/url]

Not sure about the art piece.
[/B]

[I]The wood looks good I'll see what I can do on that wall. Art-wise B&W photo? Abstract Colourful? Poster of city? So many to choose from.
I guess the last piece of the puzzle is the side chair if you are still going for one.[/I]

[B]In terms of painting, I think I want something colorful, as I'm going with more of an industrial look, and need some colour.

I think for the chair, we can leave the one you have for now. That and the media console are really the only big outstanding items.
I was also thinking we can maybe push the sofa back 3 to 4" as the coffee table depth is greater than the original cubes that were being used in the renderings. Thoughts?

Thx,[/B]

[I]When I have the new additions added I'll move the couch & re-dimension the new layout. May be a couple of days for the output
Thanks for the Houzz link I added my business to it.[/I]

[B]On second thought, I'm going to go with my gut which prefers this coffee table.

[url]https://www.eq3.com/ca/en/productdetail/living/accent-tables/coffee-tables/reclaimed-teak-coffee-table.html#5011[/url]

The depth is also smaller, so I don't think we will need to adjust the positioning of the couch.

Thx,
[/B]

Thx measuredmove! Really looking forward to seeing the new renderings :)

Hi Ladhaan:

Just processing the new animation of the condo to give you a better idea of the flow. Should be done in about 30 mins.
I added a small unit by the front door to throw mail and keys on it's
the CB2 Sift 2-story tower http://www.cb2.com/sift-2-story-tower/s202946

sift-2-story-tower.jpg

Attachments

• sift-2-story-tower.jpg
    sift-2-story-tower.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 637
the Twill Animation

Let me know if you'd like anything changed or added.

Cheers[video=youtube_share;aplyX8maNzs]http://youtu.be/aplyX8maNzs[/video]

Last edited:
Wow measuredmove. This us absolutely stunning! The whole process of going from a blank floor plan, to a fully furnished condo had been unbelievable. Thank you so much, for everything. I'm honestly blown away.

Wow measuredmove. This us absolutely stunning! The whole process of going from a blank floor plan, to a fully furnished condo had been unbelievable. Thank you so much, for everything. I'm honestly blown away.

You're very welcome-I really enjoyed helping you plan your new space. Please post some pics after you move in.
I'm going to miss not doing this online for a while but would certainly like to 3d some more projects in a few months, if people are still interested. A couple more, for sure.
Thanks and have a smooth move-in!!

Back