News   Jul 15, 2024
 394     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 553     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 564     0 

3434 Dundas Street West (Runnymede Health Centre, future redevelopment)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Runnymede Health Centre own the property with a low-rise commercial structure at 3434 Dundas St W (between Runnymede and Jane), and have submitted a demolition application.

In the letter attached to the application document, they indicate plans to develop a new building in the future. The intended use for the site is a medical clinic.

Non-Residential Demolition Application - 3434 Dundas Street West

Currently on site:

dundasrun.JPG

I hope they build an urban-style building right up to the sidewalk, not another strip plaza like in the suburbs with parking in front. Dundas between Runnymede and Jane Street should evolve into an urban-style street with buildings built right up to the sidewalk to be pedestrian friendly and to create an attractive street wall. Essentially, it should be a contemporary extension of the urban Junction streetscape to the east.

I hope they build an urban-style building right up to the sidewalk, not another strip plaza like in the suburbs with parking in front. Dundas between Runnymede and Jane Street should evolve into an urban-style street with buildings built right up to the sidewalk to be pedestrian friendly and to create an attractive street wall. Essentially, it should be a contemporary extension of the urban Junction streetscape to the east.

With w-i-d-e sidewalks, trees, and benches.

Precisely, and the development going up across the street is setting that tone nicely.

This started at the same time as the expansion of their main facility on Runnymede just south of Dundas.

They should use this empty lot to let the Runnymede Healthcare employees park, considering their parking lot is being dug up right now 💀💀💀

They should use this empty lot to let the Runnymede Healthcare employees park, considering their parking lot is being dug up right now 💀💀💀

We always welcome photos if possible for that project if you're in the area:

No real change. Taken today:

PXL_20211024_175134262.jpg

Is there any point to this tree protection zone? The trunk of this tree is practically horizontal. I cannot see how it would be maintained post-redevelopment:

PXL_20211024_175332245.jpg

Back