News   Jul 15, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 599     0 

300 Richmond West

I think this project...

• just beautiful, I'm from Vaughan.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • caghhhhh blecccccchhhhhh pzzzzzzzzzzzzzb.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • is respectful of Toronto's heritage of raping its historic fabric.

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Tang

Member Bio
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been started, but there is an incredibly frustrating demolition of the facade of two Victorian fronts at 300 Richmond Street West (approximately across from the Paramount Theatre) to be replaced by an ugly, box frontage. I think it is retail? but honestly it is so bad it is hard to tell. They are actually leaving the third of the three original frontages (Cayo Coco) - which makes it easy to see how disappointing this is. Sorry I don’t have any pictures. Really hard to understand how the city let this happen.

yeah I saw that last night. What a disgrace. Particularly as I seem to remember a city council report recommending the rejection of the gansevoort hotel plans citing its failure to blend in with that particular set of row houses as a reason. Unbelieveable.

There's a tower planned for the site. The intentions are likely temporary.

P.S. I don't know what you were expecting if you already knew of this already.

Last edited:
The site mentioned at the start of the thread is to the immediate east of the parking lot/Gansevoort site.

300RichmondStW.jpg

300RichmondStW1.jpg

What a waste of some beautiful victorians. I hope to god that the pixelboard looks nothing like the one shown in the render.

I cant understand how in Toronto there are some shitty looking 30-35 year old buildings considered heritage properties that we would all like to see gone and meanwhile here we have a couple of 100 year Victorians that are ok to reface, demolish, whatever. INSANE :mad:

Yeah, it's got that really strong whiff of "reasons to hate those club district sleazebags" to it...

Wow! I can't believe they are destroying those Victorians, only to replace them with that! It's also going to look really stupid with one part of it still up.

The developer must have seen Hakim Optical at Dundas Square and thought 'I can't let someone else hold the title for most idiotic project in the city'. Time for another poll.

Back