300 Front Street West Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

People have been living and working near those interferences for many years. There is debate (just like cell phones) about their potential hazard. Those concerns aside, it's just not attractive... They detract from the building IMO.... and the floorplans are not very functional

Well yes of course. But along with all those other little minor previous points aside, ..the place sounds perfect.

I wonder if Tridel got a great deal on the property?:D

300 Front West

I've been wanting to invest some of my very hard earned dollar for my retirement. Would this be a safe investment as far as gaining profit? I might flip it after its completion in 2012 or try and keep it if the market is still growing.. some advice from expert forum members would be appreciated.

Any concerns with the Hydro/Transformers station being next door?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parry ... welcome to UT ... if you have the time to read through all 38 pages of posts in this thread, you will find some valuable members' advice from both sides of the perspective ... I personally am not a big fan of 300 for its price / location

Welcome Parry. This project is at the high end of the price spectrum, because the building will have some good amenities. There is a market for the rental of such suites.

The building will have 14 units per typical floor. Only two of these will have north exposure, if you are concerned about that hydro station. The west exposure will be inferior in that the view will be at least partially blocked by a future development. If you buy, look at units which face south or east.

Should you buy? Who knows? You'll have to decide based on your own financial situation, risk tolerance, willingness to hold for a longer term, etc. In my opinion, the building will be a nice one, in a good location which will hold its value (relatively).

ICE is a better project (location and building) and investment opportunity... Completion set for 2013... but markets have slowed so be prepared to hang on to it upon completion... You may not benefit from flipping it right away

ice is even more overpriced, and wedged in between the gardiner and the railroad tracks... far from any excitement. 300 front is in a much better location.

ice is even more overpriced, and wedged in between the gardiner and the railroad tracks... far from any excitement. 300 front is in a much better location.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I completely agree with Gei. There is something about 300. It has that ..something. It fits. It's attractive. The units are a joke though. 14 of them on a floor? Now thats packing them in. But between Ice and this one.. I pick this one, easy choice.

The $/sq ft is about the same. Plus ICE has direct connection to PATH, Union Station, 40K Longos and is arms reach to ACC and the waterfront... While 300 does not have those conveniences and is arms reach to electrocution

The $/sq ft is about the same. Plus ICE has direct connection to PATH, Union Station, 40K Longos and is arms reach to ACC and the waterfront... While 300 does not have those conveniences and is arms reach to electrocution
300 Front will be just a couple of blocks away from the new Sobeys at cityplace. Within arms reach to all the trendy bars and clubs at king west, and all the entertainment of the entertainment district (theatres, restaurants, etc).

Beings arms reach to the acc really isn`t a major selling point. And this is coming from someone who is a raptors season ticket holder. I could just as easily say 300 front is arms reach to the rogers centre.

And 300 front is only another minute away from union station vs ice. PATH is kinda nice, but again you get it from 300 front right across the street at the CBC building.

All ICE is really arms reach to is the railroad tracks. And I suppose the gardiner with your other arm.

I suppose it all comes down to interests. For me I would prefer Ice since I won't have to go out in the cold with direct access to the Path during winter or rainy days. It's close to harbourfront where I like to walk around the lake area and few minutes south of Eaton Center. I passed by the entertainment district earlier last month for late night shopping, it's so loud at such a late night. Rowdy looking people there too. I suppose 300 front might not be so close to it but not my cup of tea to be so close to the area. I can't imagine people buying condos at the Entertainment district. At least even if there's noise level at skydome or ACC, it would end before 12am I think. I'll see if I can scan in the price sheets. Ice seems a bit cheaper than 300 front actually (psf wise)

I agree that ICE being connected to the PATH is a huge advantage. Never having to step outside during winter!

Anyone have the psf for Charlie handy? I just checked out the model suite over the weekend, and it looks pretty sweet. If it's in the same price range, I'd say Charlie ftw.

Below is the current price list for Charlie Condos as of August 2008.

Podium Suites

MODEL , FLOOR, TYPE, SUITE SIZE, EXPOSURE, PRICED FROM:
Angora 5 1 Bedroom 589 sq. ft. North East $350,990
Gabardine 2 to 3 1 Bedroom + Den 678 sq. ft. North East $337,990
Madras 2 1 Bedroom + Den 679 sq. ft. North West $348,990
Wool 5 to 6 1 Bedroom + Den 680 sq. ft. East $371,990
Jacquard 6 1 Bedroom + Den 708 sq. ft. East $383,990
Ramie 2 to 6 1 Bedroom + Den 716 sq. ft. West $341,990
Velvet I 3 to 6 2 Bedroom 845 sq. ft. North West $407,990
Alpaca II 2 to 4 2 Bedroom + Den 926 sq. ft. East $460,990
Alpaca I 2 to 4 2 Bedroom + Den 954 sq. ft. East $470,990

Tower Suites