Vaughan Hilton Garden Inn Vaughan | 32.61m | 9s | Gupta | Chamberlain

raptor

Member Bio
Reaction score
New hotel at VMC, 616 Applewood Cres. What's interesting is that Hilton Garden Inn was supposed to be incorporated in Icona condos, which is in itself a redevelopment of a Hilton Garden Inn.
The most logical explanation is that Icona condos no longer has a hotel component.

So I guess this is right beside the 2 existing hotels and just North of where the Walmart is slated to move.

upload_2018-7-18_15-25-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-18_15-25-9.png
    upload_2018-7-18_15-25-9.png
    638 KB · Views: 1,308
My goodness this is just bad. Bad in every way, shape, and form possible.
Not true: it's not mid-level gray.

Facing the parking behind the building with the hotel oriented to Applewood Crescent, for one.

This building is never going to be a super urban looking structure, given its location, but they could at least make some effort to associate it with its proximity to the VMC. Putting the restaurant patio along Applewood Crescent and encouraging guests to walk the block south to the VMC would be a good start.

The existing site plan has only limited parking, with the patio on the south property line. Move the Patio to the East side, and rotate the building 90 degrees so that there is full frontage on Applewood, and get the city to actually construct a sidewalk on Applewood Crescent.

applewood.JPG

Attachments

• applewood.JPG
    applewood.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,053
It's 7 floors. It was never going to be a monolith. I'm curious as to what improvement you'd make to it. And please don't say floor to ceiling glass.

No changes. I was just saying compared to what’s being built in VMC it’s quite run of the mill.

Back