News   Jul 26, 2024
 981     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

26 Alexander St (zoning review requests)

Because there are west-only facing apartments immediately east of this, something like 12 metres away.

12 metres (my guesstimate), let alone 11, is obnoxious, when the neighbouring building's units would face directly into the new building.

I don't see 11m in the Tall Building Guidelines. I see this, which to me equals 20 metres, either between two buildings on the same property, or 10 metres plus 10 metres from side property lines as is the case here:

Regulation #12: Tall building towers must be set back a minimum of 10m from side and rear property lines or the centre line of an abutting lane, measured from the external wall or exterior face of balconies. If a project includes more than one tall building, the buildings must be spaced apart so as to permit a minimum separation distance of 20m, measured from the external wall or exterior edge of balconies.

And then there's this, which also applies to the site:

Regulation #13: Sites that are too small to permit a tower with the required setbacks on all sides (“Small Sites”) are not appropriate for tall buildings. Small Sites are generally those sites that are less than 45m by 45m for a mid-block site or 45m by 35m for a corner site. A building on a Small Site may only be constructed to the permitted Base Height of the street on which it fronts, above which a 45 degree angular plane may be used for additional levels set back from the street and the side and rear property lines

What are you seeing that I'm not seeing?

I'm not 100% sure this is cancelled. If you look at the original app. it stipulated a restaurant will be on the main floor. The restaurant app. may just be a standalone app. to secure the restaurant approval before the building is put up.

Okay, after a phone call with the manager of Planning for Downtown, I am now more knowledgeable person.

Neither the February zoning review request nor the October restaurant review request represent applications. A zoning review is simply the owners of the site asking City Planning for their thoughts, sort of a "Can we do this on our site? Would this comply with the bylaw? How would Planning treat this?", etc.

Many zoning review requests lead to applications, some don't.

Now that I know that, I have changed the name of the thread to reflect that, and will keep an eye out for that in the future with other sites as well.

So, who knows what will happen here in the end. At the moment, it's just a fishing expedition.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1B4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 109530 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 27, 2014

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Change of Use

Description: Proposal to legalize and maintain the use of a 2 storey restauarant, greater than 30 seats as per 13 245061 ZZC.

The building appears to have caught fire.... Smoke has stopped now, so I guess it's under control.

DSC00397.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 403

Back