636     0 

2015 Federal Election

Last edited:
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 247
Is that article behind a paywall? It won't open for me. Judging by the title though, that's ridiculous. You can't have one without the other. Besides, I'm not sure anyone knows what the Conservative party would be without Harper. I half expect it to implode when there's no longer an iron fist keeping the various factions in line.

This is a bizarre endorsement (and likely a reflection of the tension between the editorial board and ownership, where a Liberal endorsement was replaced by a Conservative one in the last provincial election). So basically it says: stick with the Conservatives because the Liberals and NDP aren't all that different anyway. And then goes on to say replace Harper with a more moderate leader. But Harper's most likely successor is the more socially conservative Jason Kenney.

ETA: Also, Harper is gone without a majority, and in the unlikely case he gets a majority - why would they need a change in leader and strategy?

The Globe editor is doing a Facebook Q&A. I suggest that people read it. "#MoreGlobeEndorsements" is now a trend.

What the Globe endorsed was a hope, not an actual party or leader.

The Globe's role is to be the small c conservative curmudgeon of Canada's media landscape, reminding their small c conservative curmudgeon readership in Moore Park that all change is bad and any hint of populist fervour (e.g. Trudeamania, The Orange Wave) is a flash in the pan affair concocted by the lower classes.

The Globe's role is to be the small c conservative curmudgeon of Canada's media landscape, reminding their small c conservative curmudgeon readership in Moore Park that all change is bad and any hint of populist fervour (e.g. Trudeamania, The Orange Wave) is a flash in the pan affair concocted by the lower classes.

Very apt assessment.

Back