News   Aug 12, 2024
 727     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 609     0 

2015 Federal Election

If CPC get their majority we may be shod of both Trudeau (aka Justin) and Harper, the former almost immediately because he's proven he'll never be ready, and the latter by 2018/9 because he'll want to go out on a high note (aka, majority).
I really doubt there are enough racists in the country to give Harper a majority.

Only a racist votes for a racist. Sadly my claims for years that the Conservatives are indeed racist has been clearly demonstrated beyond a doubt that only a racist wouldn't be able see.

Fortunately I have no doubt there isn't a person on this forum who'd ever vote for these racists.

I really doubt there are enough racists in the country to give Harper a majority.

Only a racist votes for a racist. Sadly my claims for years that the Conservatives are indeed racist has been clearly demonstrated beyond a doubt that only a racist wouldn't be able see.

Fortunately I have no doubt there isn't a person on this forum who'd ever vote for these racists.

This is the same nonsense you spouted during the municipal election about Tory and his supporters.
It's delusional.

There are also a lot of less-well read voters who really can't tell the difference between left and right. They just want a candidate that speaks well, is good looking/handsome, or especially in the case of multicultural Toronto, is of the same ethnicity as they are.

Some people vote for a good economy - and you can't get much better than Canada has done in the past 9 years.

Other people vote for the party that helps the poor and middle class and poor, an not the top 1% - again, we have done very well in the past 9 years.

This is the same nonsense you spouted during the municipal election about Tory and his supporters.
It's the same I said about Ford in 2010. You probably called that nonsense too.

You can't deny that Harper hasn't turned racism into a huge issue in this election.

You also can't deny that John Tory chose to join (and is still a member as far as I know) of a white-only golf club.

Goodness, that's a lot of racist. I see you've replaced or paired your bigot cannon with a new moniker. When my March 18th post below proves accurate you'll need your widest brush.

My prediction, NDP gets wrecked, losing seats to the Libs in Quebec. Meanwhile Trudeau fails to gain any further traction west of Ontario, and notwithstanding gains in Quebec and likely Official Opposition status, mostly disappoints the Lib king makers. The Cons return to a majority, Nfitz refers to about 37% of Canadian voters as evil bigots.
Get it ready...

41rX4piKw6L._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:
And latest polling from Nanos/Globe & Mail-CTV show the Liberals in the lead in B.C. and Ontario. So I think its safe to say a Ouija board or a magic eight ball might be just as clear as the pollsters on who is going to win this election. :rolleyes:

I remember when the pollsters correctly predicted the NDP majority in Alberta and that was considered redemption for the industry. They said that Wildrose would win in 2012 and look what happened.

I remember when the pollsters correctly predicted the NDP majority in Alberta and that was considered redemption for the industry. They said that Wildrose would win in 2012 and look what happened.

I think we still have to remember that these polls are just snapshots of a handful of voters. We put too much fate that they truly represent voters.

I remember when the pollsters correctly predicted the NDP majority in Alberta and that was considered redemption for the industry.

But in a way, they were "forced" into it out of circumstance. Earlier on in that campaign, they were predicting that an NDP plurality was only good for a supercore of Edmonton and Lethbridge seats because, well, that's what rawly projecting from the previous election yielded...

In my riding of York-South Weston, I get the "feel" by gazing at all the lawn signs to "predicate" that in York-South Weston will have the following "winners", based on signage.

1. NDP
  2. Liberals
  3. For Sale
  4. Sold
  5. Conservatives
Haven't seen any Green Party signs, but likely hidden behind some bushes somewhere.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stephen-harper-pot-marijuana-1.3255727?cmp=rss

The GOP in Texas is more progressive on pot than Harper! A study was done and 75% of CPC supporters support legalization, with 86% overall.
Since Texas is not part of this election, I am not sure what relevance the Texas GOP has in this election :)

That said, if we are going to cite surveys we should at least try to be somewhat accurate in doing that....what the CBC compass survey said was:

According to Vote Compass, 75 per cent of Conservative supporters favour either decriminalization or legalization of marijuana for personal use, compared to 86 per cent of respondents overall.

It would appear that the percent of Conservatives that state support for legalization is around 40%..not the 75% you stated above.

Last edited:
Since Texas is not part of this election, I am not sure what relevance the Texas GOP has in this election :)

That said, if we are going to cite surveys we should at least try to be somewhat accurate in doing that....what the CBC compass survey said was:

It would appear that the percent of Conservatives that state support for legalization is around 40%..not the 75% you stated above.

The general point stands though. Harper isn't even in touch with his own base on this issue.

The general point stands though. Harper isn't even in touch with his own base on this issue.
not at all...give some thought to what Compass is....it is a site where people go to answer questions (so it fails the first test of randomness in any scientific survey) about their opinions on various subjects/issues and then tells you how your thoughts align and if you are more aligned with Conservative policy it calls you a conservative supporter. Their definition of Conservative (or Liberal or NDPer for that matter) is not self-identified supporters of the parties or party members.

Given how good the CPC are on polling and data mining, I would bet you they have a better idea on what their base is thinking on this matter than compass.

Back