News   Jun 24, 2024
 321     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5.1K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

2007 Ontario Election: Mississauga "Town Hall Meeting"

If they give you too much Enigma in hospital you'll have to wear a Colossus bag for the rest of your life.

Indeed! And unlike Hydrogen and me, who were both too lazy to make sure we had the correct names for things, we can all bank on Urban to be right on this.

Speaking of Enigmas... see next message.

(Thanks for the much-needed laugh Urban)

"Town Hall" meeting "overflow room" changed

The overflow room (Municipal Hearing Room 2nd floor) that was originally assigned to the Ininvited has been changed.

Only found out today.

I suspect it ensures that the Uninvited aren't in a room directly beside the Council chambers. It also effectively keeps the riff-raff on the ground floor.

Please note though that on the unlikely chance your life is so bleak as to consider you're going there (sorry Observer *heh heh*) you need to know something about the new "overflow room".

It's The Great Hall.

I believe that people should know that The Great Hall is under constant video surveillance. If you like Where's Waldo, you'll love Where's Pelco.

I'm actually rethinking whether I should go. You see, I have numerous Freedom of Information results so I know that Big Brother is a Bully.

The thing is I know I have to go. I can no longer trust The Media to tell me what I really need to know. That's the sad reality.

Seems to me the entire Ontario political landscape needs one major Enigma and then the bath water dumped onto one huge Colossus bag.

I hope to see at least a couple of you there.

Warm regards,

The Mississauga Muse

Mississauga Really DOES Matter

Um, I didn't end up going because I was caught up at a board meeting.

However, good thing I didn't bother going, I watched the webcast afterwards and the debate in my opinion was really quite boring.

A for Effort for the city for trying to engage the parties and bring Mississauga issue forward, however the city gets an F for its public engagement plan. Barely anyone knew about it, and I highly doubt a lot tuned in for it. I understand they didn't even fill Council Chambers to its 300 seat capacity and only 150 were in attendance.

For those who want to watch the debate, it can be found here:

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/webcast

Louroz

Back