News   May 03, 2024
 735     0 

$2.99 breakfast at the Grenadier Cafe in High Park

junction_parents

Member Bio
Reaction score
DSC02243Large.jpg

DSC02241Large.jpg

The breakfast is excellent and their coffee is not bad either, I highly recommend the breakfast (choose between ham, sausage or bacon, two eggs (done any way you like), potatoes and bread (rye, whole wheat, white). 9:00 am- 11:30 am, Monday-Friday (excluding holidays)

200 Parkside Drive (inside High Park, by the High Park zoo), (short walk from High Park subway station)
(416) 769-9870

Last edited:
Looks good, when I am in the nabe I will so be there, thanks.

Spam is ok; if fried up in slices. Like bacon and eggs, once a week is probably pushing it.:eek:

We haven't seen any food pictures since smuncky's German tour, nice touch.

Last edited:
^United Bakers (@Bathurst and Lawrence) has a $3 breakfast special: includes bagel, 2 eggs, veggies, coffee, oj.

j_p, thanks for the photos: I've considered going there, but the lack of non-meat options has turned me off.

ps, perhaps that high park deli (Russian) that serves hot meals has buckwheat kasha etc breakfasts?

perhaps that high park deli (Russian) that serves hot meals has buckwheat kasha etc breakfasts?

I make my buckwheat kasha with kolbasa at home, there are no decent East Euro sit-down places anywhere and no one makes buckwheat just right to my taste, I don't expect anyone to sit over raw grains and pick them clean for an hour either..

When John Howard gave his 165 acres for a park to Toronto, he stipulated that no alcohol be allowed in his High Park (even though he had a wine cellar in Colborne Lodge). The city later purchased land to the west and east to complete the current 398.5 acres.
This question I have is the restaurant within the original 165 acres of John Howard's far? Where are the boundaries of John Howard's acreage, and the other original properties?

Back