Toronto 191 Eglinton East | 178.19m | 52s | Camrost-Felcorp | IBI Group

This will be by far the ugliest block in the neighbourhood, at least fronting Eglinton. The design language reminds me of the Atria triplets by Tridel at the 401 and Sheppard, mostly because of the crown's little concrete "swoop", though I see a slight resemblance to 357 King W as well.
My biggest issue here is the the podium, with the cold, expressionless facade and inability to have any fine-grained or humanized scaling.
I'm less opposed to height here as I was in my last post, but the precedent for height here is related to other 50~ floor building proposals in the area. While I still find it a bit much, that's moreso due to my local bias and knowing that social and public resources are stretched as is in this area.

While I still find it a bit much, that's moreso due to my local bias and knowing that social and public resources are stretched as is in this area.
That's not a local bias, but a completely reasonable and increasingly relevant concern. Not just in this city, but across the entire country. Sadly many people still don't get it.

1710511328071.png

Back