News   Mar 28, 2024
 295     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 332     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 689     0 

15 Wellesley E (Parking lot redevelopment, Plaza, ?s, Quadrangle)

I always thought that Green P lot (Yonge/Wellesley) should become a park.

It sits directly atop the subway, which is why it exists in the first place.

Making it difficult to build on, and largely precluding any underground parking.

The area could use another park, and here the land is already publicly owned.

I just figured we'd have to wait for Green P to develop another garage in the area (underground) in association with a new development.

Nothing wrong w/this site for a condo per se........except.....if this means multiple floors of above ground parking, I would be highly irritated.

I always thought that Green P lot (Yonge/Wellesley) should become a park.

It sits directly atop the subway, which is why it exists in the first place.

Making it difficult to build on, and largely precluding any underground parking.

The area could use another park, and here the land is already publicly owned.

I just figured we'd have to wait for Green P to develop another garage in the area (underground) in association with a new development.

Nothing wrong w/this site for a condo per se........except.....if this means multiple floors of above ground parking, I would be highly irritated.

agreed. i am generally as pro-development as it gets but this site would make for a perfect park all things considered. i wonder how much truth there is to the rumor noted above.

When I lived nearby, I often thought the eastern-most row of parking should be replaced by a tree-lined path, linking the walkway and linear parks that continue north from Wellesley. Less than one quarter of the lot's spots would need to be removed if the existing laneway was incorporated.

It doesn't have to be a park - but it should have a generous, well implemented laneway through the site - like Prince Arthur @ Yorkville or Met (though I think the former is a lot more successful).

AoD

It's a large piece of property and I like the "off Yonge" developments but I'd always hoped it could eventually become a park too, like the parkette areas between Dundonald & Charles Streets which were also former parking lots.

I'm guessing this one here. I say bring it on, get' er done while the market is still hot.

There goes the Pride main stage. With all the parking lots in the hood redeveloped, there wont be any place to stage big events but it will make for a better pedestrian environment. I guess there's good and bad in everything.

Nooooooooooooooo. This is where I park when I drive downtown on weekends.

I guess I'll have to find another Green P :(

Are there any other ones nearby?

I'd prefer a urbane park or residential building to the existing parking lot. Yonge and Wellesley is not the happiest corner downtown. It could use something new and invigorating.

There's still a lot of parking available along Church Street, especially south of the Village around Carlton. I wouldn't mind seeing those lots redeveloped though.

The lot south of Carlton on the east side is being redeveloped.

Back