News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 914     1 

1485 Dupont Street, The Clock Factory (?,?,?)

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
1706544706329.png

Drilling this morning:
CLocks.jpg

Aerial photo:

1706556413611.png

Site size: ~3800m2./40,000ft2

Immediate precedent is 299 Campbell, across the street at 14s but just to the north there is a 26s precedent that I imagine may be of note to the team working on this.

Comments: Site would comfortably fit 2 towers; but does abut SFH, across a narrow lane to the west, and a limited amount to the east and south.

To me, the logical play would be something close to tower height near Dupont, stepping down to mid rise to the south, hopefully w/o a weird pyramid look. Tower would like have a N-S orientation given the dimensions of the site.

Last edited:
This is zoned as Employment lands and IMO that should be maintained.

If it is converted to mixed use a significant amount of employment, community, and commercial space should be part of it.

Its current use is valuable for the community (for local residents and local economy) and that should not be lost in the area as it is built up.

Yeah, this feels like it would be a net loss despite the desperately needed housing. It's not a remarkable building in any way, but it hosts so many small businesses that losing it in one fell swoop would immediately sanitize the community and make it a worse place to live. ...But this is the type of thing that you get when the houses next to it are exempt from intensification..

On a related side note, studio space like this seems very hard to come by right now. I know there is a lot of office vacancy at the corporate level, but these types of spaces seem like they're in high demand. Thats anecdotal, based on my own search for a studio.

Back