Toronto 1414 Bayview | 30.85m | 8s | Gairloch | a—A

as is the standard process, yes.

8 storeys is permitted under the new midtown Secondary Plan. There is explicit council direction already to permit that height here. No reason it won't get approved.
Then why is there NOTHING, as a matter of Public Record for any applications?

Many hurdles before this one will be allowed to go through. I have it on good authority that none of the requirements have gone through committees, re-zoning applications, hearings, blue prints, Architectural Designs submissions, lots of complaints already from residential neighbours, 8 stories, huh??? RDX1 would need a bribe of some magnitude to officials for this to be allowed 8 stories..

Boy are you going to be pissed when this is approved. Again, OPA 405 permits exactly this sort of intensification on this stretch of Bayview.

LOL @ your "good authority".

It will take approx. 2 years or more to complete. If it goes through. Meantime, you're not offering affordable housing during crisis

Application is in on the Dev App site. Shouldn't be long before we'll get an idea of what they wish to put here.

1410 BAYVIEW AVE
Ward 15 - North York District

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to support redevelopment of the site with an 8-storey (26.15 metres, excluding mechanical penthouse) mixed-use building: 6,242 square metres of gross floor area including 65 dwelling units. See related folder 18-188107 STE 22 PAC

Hmmm. Not a fan. It’s a shame how the brick is awkwardly capped/obscured along the primary elevation’s edges, and I actually mistook the residential lobby entrance for a vehicular entrance. And it’s too symmetrical!

I suspect it will be very different when it goes in for SPA in any case, these are probably early days. But just my two cents.

I should admit I was hoping for more of a “carved brick box” than an “applied frame” motif here. This sort of context lends itself to a masonry-heavy building, IMO.

Back