News   Oct 11, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 3.2K     2 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 717     0 

111 Peter | ? | 53 | Capital Developments | ?

@cd concept
It was purchased by iA so it's very likely not a redevelopment play. This thing traded in 2007, 2011, 2017 and 2019 and always increased substantially in value. I'd imagine they'll hold on for a couple of years, suck up the increase, then vend later.

Where are you envision anyone is putting two towers here??

Doubtful, as laid out above.

Maybe they'll keep and renovate the existing building on the bottom and build one large or two thin ones on top. To the tune of 50 or more storeys.

I've been posting less and less as there are just too many threads to cover. Creating a thread before a firm proposal doesn't help either. With that said, $185,000,000 is pure insanity. That's nearly the same amount as the Sugar Wharf site. We desperately need more regulation.

Almost four years later, looks like this one may be coming back to life. From Ausma Malik's community newsletter, Friday, October 11:

111 Peter Street Open House

A new 53 storey development is being proposed at 111 Peter St. The developer, Capital Developments, will be hosting an Open House on Tuesday, October 29, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at the Waterworks Food Hall, East Annex Lounge, (505 Richmond Street West) to discuss their application. This is an opportunity for the community to learn more about this application and share your thoughts with the developer’s directly.

Last edited:
Almost four years later, looks like this one may be coming back to life. From Ausma Malik's community newsletter, Friday, October 11:

111 Peter Street Open House

A new 53 storey development is being proposed at 111 Peter St. The developer, Capital Developments, will be hosting an Open House on Tuesday, October 29, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at the Waterworks Food Hall, East Annex Lounge, (505 Richmond Street West) to discuss their application. This is an opportunity for the community to learn more about this application and share your thoughts with the developer’s directly.
Well at least the 50 or more storey tower is becoming a reality from what I predicted almost 5 years ago lol! I'm wondering if they'll build on top of the existing building and renovated it as well.

Reality? A rezoning application is not predestined to develop anything here. I can't see them tearing down a quarter million square feet which further complicates building a residential tower here.

Reality? A rezoning application is not predestined to develop anything here. I can't see them tearing down a quarter million square feet which further complicates building a residential tower here.
Interesting. I know that quite a few office space tear downs are being done so is this building different?

Back