193     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 648     0 

1030 Pape Ave (@ Cosburn, 3s, ?)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
NW corner of Pape & Cosburn, and replaces a former 2 storey building where Crow Cleaners used to be.

20200109_151317.jpg
20200109_151246.jpg

Last edited:
That's so great that there's no building planned above where people could live. Or, and hear me out, it's not.

That is great. I love seeing Metrolinx adaptively reuse older buildings where new station entrances will be and retain a mixed-use environment for these buildings. Just like they did with most of the Eglinton Crosstown stations.

Oh right, that was a dream.

In all seriousness, I'm sad to see Metrolinx continue to build stand slone entrance buildings for subways. As a forner resident of Pape Village, I'm not looking forward to seeing this place gentrify, even if a subway should have and should be built underneath Pape. Theres some great bones to this community, even with it's challenges.

That's so great that there's no building planned above where people could live. Or, and hear me out, it's not.

That is great. I love seeing Metrolinx adaptively reuse older buildings where new station entrances will be and retain a mixed-use environment for these buildings. Just like they did with most of the Eglinton Crosstown stations.

Oh right, that was a dream.

In all seriousness, I'm sad to see Metrolinx continue to build stand slone entrance buildings for subways. As a forner resident of Pape Village, I'm not looking forward to seeing this place gentrify, even if a subway should have and should be built underneath Pape. Theres some great bones to this community, even with it's challenges.
Aren't these stations designed so that a building can still be built on top at a later date? I could've sworn that was a thing

If I had things my way, there would be a 15 to 25 storey building above the future transit station at minimum.
I fully expect you will get that and likely more.

the province is doing transit-oriented communities at most, if not all OL stations. they just haven't released public plans for the northern stations yet. We got Gerrard Station's design a few months ago and we got 40+ storeys there.

the rendering above is likely similar to other renderings we have seen for other stations on the OL which have since received updated renderings with large buildings plopped on top of the station entrances.

So was the goal of this building to simply prop up the value of the site before being swallowed up for the Ontario Line project?

Back