News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 434     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Re: PCL: Metropolis Update June 1/06 = July 13

torch-mart.jpg

^ It would be an improvement... especially that Rob Ford image.

Sir Novelty Fashion thanks for the render, it just made my night.. lol

^You forgot the giant neon-lit rotating qtip on the roof, for all those waxy eared tourists ;)

ROTFLMAO! Thanks SNF!

AoD

I never understood the old torch renderings. Were they going to do holographic flames on top or something? Weird.

I sure hope that whatever group takes over the torch that they have the design sense to finish it off with more glass and the rotating billboards, as originally planned.

Its a shame that Apple opened up its relatively small store in the Eaton Centre. They're one of the few companies with the fanatical type of following that can draw crowds to that side of the square. And we know they're all about design. Did you see their Cube store in New York?

Metropolis is looking good. They have started to install green glass panels on south side, facing the square. I think it will look awesome when completed.

^You forgot the giant neon-lit rotating qtip on the roof, for all those waxy eared tourists
You also forgot the flag
Daffy%20Screwball.jpg

What are the pillars to be clad in? The windows won't cover them, it appears.

At least they won't be exposed concrete as indicated by the early application of blue skin insulation.

In the view looking west Metropolis really accents the non-linear streetwall, which I like a lot. Heck, it's actually nice to see a streetwall here to begin with, finally.

Yes, that old Hakim has to go. I would be happy with an empty lot instead of that building (in the interim before something decent takes shape at that corner).

Slightly off topic but I noticed last night they were installing some kind of display (video screen?) on the south side of the Atrium.

Back