News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 293     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 830     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Isn't one Future Shop sign enough?

It's never enough!!!!

Ten! Twenty! Fifty! Five Thousand signs!!!!

Bigger!!! Brighter!!!! Flashing faster!!!!

More products!!! New and improved!!!!

I am so embarrassed by this project. (And this is coming from a capitalist at heart).

This whole thing is tacky and classless.

And the tourists will say, "Wow! They tried to copy Times Square! Let's see if they've got an Arby's here!" and that will be the end of it.

As long as the tourists like it who cares. Its a major addition to the area and that can only be a good thing. And I''m glad to get some more movie screens downtown.

No, THIS is what Metropolis needs to be tacky...

btw, sorry drum118, i used your image because it was the first i found... lemme know if you want me to take it down...

1373884837_0a52a8e940_o.jpg

I'm really looking forward to:

Interior network advertising screens ( seems interesting!)
Exterior Advertising ( started out Superbad..now looks slightly better)
Food Court & Restaurants ( I will be on the patio.)
Adidas store!! - (head to toe in adidas trackers for me)
The last part of the development project at 277 Victoria and Hakim Opitical.
Hotel Condo and Tower?? hopefully it wont take 10 years to complete.

Is there a hotel & condo going up at TLS? I never heard that before

Think two FutureShop signs is too much? Try three! There's a third one above the entrance and I actually think it's appropriate.

FutureShop is no doubt paying a high premium to have an entire floor of TLS reaching from Yonge, along Dundas to Victoria. Why shouldn't they be able to point their signs on each of those corners?

As a matter of fact, they're doing it right. Their signs are of the highest quality with inner lit individual letters plus they have a ticker.

I was just down there and I can attest to the fact that this is going to be one HUGE FutureShop. It's very brightly lit and is going to be quite the change for the associates moving from the cave up on Yonge St.

Also, I think I could make out where the Adidas sign will go. Slowly, this is turning out to be quite nice (aside from the PenEquity sign and the lack of correct spacing of the mini screens).

here are my pics from today.

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

here is that plywood thats a place holder for w/e material is going to go there. this however is not going to happen on dundas.
DSC03592.jpg

this was on dundas square advertising the cash and cars lottery. one of the weather guys from ctv was there doing the weather report as well.
DSC03595.jpg

Back