Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Pinnacle One Yonge 
1 Yonge St, Toronto
Developer: Pinnacle International

1 Yonge (Pinnacle International) - Real Estate -

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by bmiller, Dec 15, 2012.

1. bmiller

bmiller Active Member

Realistically, what are the odds of this project, 50 Bloor west, Oxford, and Mirvish to name a few, all being built. It seems unlikely the city, and market place will allow all of these ideas to become reality.
    It would be fantastic if they were all approved and under construction within the next 3 years, but is it going to happen? According to the Bank of Canada there is a glut on the market place now. Realtors
    say the slowdown is getting back to normal sales. Who do you believe. I'm just being the devils advocate here, and i would love to be completely wrong and see a 100 storey landmark at 1 Yonge.

2. EricL

EricL New Member

Where is the source that phase 1 will have community housing? How do we know this is happening?'
    And is the city building a new elementary school for this community?

3. interchange42

interchange42 Administrator Staff Member

The community housing is on floors 3 to 6 of the first phase, and floors 3 to 10 of the third phase. There's a new elementary school planned for the last phase of the LCBO Lands site immediately to the east of Pinnacle One Yonge. You'll find all that in the supporting documentation on the zoning amendment applications fo the developments on their respective Planning Department web pages.

4. koogle

koogle New Member

There are a number of reports on the "affordable housing" component of this project, for example:
    • on the building's architect Hariri Pontarini's website: "The north block includes three residential towers (at 95, 80 and 65 storeys) with hotel, affordable housing, community centre and extensive retail."
    • on the first page of this Staff Report: "A total of 10% of the proposed residential gross floor area is proposed to be dedicated to affordable rental housing."
    I haven't heard of a plan to build a school on this site.

5. EricL

EricL New Member

Ok. Thanks. Still deciding on buying a unit in the first phase. Opinions on if its a good investment? May not live there though as the schooling in the area doesn't seem so good.

6. stjames2queenwest

stjames2queenwest Senior Member

I know nothing of these things. But a location like that. Probably with pretty cool views no matter which way you face or how high up you are... I feel like you can’t go too wrong.

7. enrigue8

enrigue8 Active Member

VIP sales have already begun.
    Prices start at 500 k.

https://condonow.com/Prestige-Condos

It's a great day for me and many members on the forum.
    It's one of the best moment to be on Urban Toronto.

8. EricL

EricL New Member

What? sales have not begun yet. what are you talking about?

9. enrigue8

enrigue8 Active Member

VIP sales are not public sales. Only special people can have access to VIP SALES.
    It's mean that these people,can now buy units in the tower. These people have often
    special contact with the developer or know someone who know someone close to the
    developer too. You know ,with VIP Sales,most units can be sold within days.
    And only 10 to 20% can be left to the public .Sales to the public will start soon.

10. EricL

EricL New Member

I am working with a platinum agent but have been told they will be released in January for VIP sales.

11. dracolnyte

dracolnyte New Member

thats what my agent told me too, VIP starts this month. also from the toronto development website, it mentions phase 2 and 3 will have the community housing but I can't find phase 1 proposal as the file number is the same as phase 2 and 3
    http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...3307989&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

12. Mak1

Mak1 New Member

Are you referring to VIP sales or pre-VIP sales?

13. dracolnyte

dracolnyte New Member

From presentation centre MVIMG_20180211_165031. MVIMG_20180211_165003. MVIMG_20180211_164952. IMG_20180211_161922. IMG_20180211_161856. MVIMG_20180211_164532. MVIMG_20180211_163659.

14. maestro

maestro Senior Member

So do the finishes come in two different packages or can you make up your own?

15. koogle

koogle New Member

finishes look cool, but they are probably upgrades and for penthouse level units