News   Apr 30, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clearing my name with
3. Ellis Don has been awarded the contract to build this building.

Unwanted yes. Unnecessary maybe. Illegal no.

I believe there is a law specifying set dates for elections (a law put on the books by the guy who now has chosen to ignore this law) as to prevent politicians from calling elections for political purposes. By my estimate it makes the election illegal. Put him (and all of them) in jail. The honest politician has not been born yet.

I believe there is a law specifying set dates for elections (a law put on the books by the guy who now has chosen to ignore this law) as to prevent politicians from calling elections for political purposes. By my estimate it makes the election illegal. Put him (and all of them) in jail. The honest politician has not been born yet.

Fixed election dates are designed for majority parliaments. It still allows the government fall when they lose the confidence of the House which everyone agrees it has. It also permits the Governor General to dissolve Parliament according to her royal prerogative. Illegal it is not.

Fixed election dates are designed for majority parliaments. It still allows the government fall when they lose the confidence of the House which everyone agrees it has. It also permits the Governor General to dissolve Parliament according to her royal prerogative. Illegal it is not.

Actually you must be a card carrying Conservative member. No where in the law does it state anything about it only applying to majority governments. Harper has been saying this only lately as a way to justify his going against his own law.

To say that government is not functioning is complete bull. He has been able to govern as though he has a majority because the liberals didn't want an election so in most cases they didn't vote (IE: immigration bill that they said they were so set against but still did not vote against it).

Harper sees the economy going south and so he figures he had better do this election before it costs him at the polls. He is an arrogant s.o.b.

http://www.economist.com/world/americas/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12056809

From The Economist:

"“A PRINCE never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise.†Stephen Harper, Canada’s Conservative prime minister, is poised to test this bit of Machiavellian political theory. Having championed legislation last year to fix election dates at four-year intervals, thus curtailing the ability of future governments to call a vote when victory seemed most assured, Mr Harper is now about to ignore his own law and announce a general election within days."

That ought to clear a few things up around here.

perhaps this 'election' tangent topic may best be redirected to the 'Politics' section?

progress

2 buildings remain. The Naval Club on Hayden is gone, the back half of the existing Shoe Company is down, and part of the old TD Bank (Yonge & Hayden) is down. At this rate, my guess is all on-site demolition will be complete by the end of next week.

Almost all gone....

2848624223_06f0c00413_b.jpg

2849461000_a612ed6fef_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back