News   Apr 17, 2024
 952     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 320     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone watch the video of 1 Bloor? When you go on their website : www.1bloor.com just wait and the video will automatically start.

Holy urban sophistication though, they could sell to anyone with this kind of promotion:D

The logo doesn't really match the design now that they've revised it.

The video is nice, but it actually manages to make the design look even more plain (unlike the Festival Centre condo movie). To bad they didn't get a really unique design.

I get the feeling it will happen eventually at that intersection though.

On a side note, it's nice they got a local Canadian company to do the site (right on Yonge St. too).

I was thinking the same thing Syn, the building is really just another polite and tasteful box on a podium. The height is nice but what does it matter if it's just another architectural banality on the skyline? Perhaps the foreign developers involved studied the local market and concluded that only thing doable in T.O. is the ubiquitous box, and who could really blame them for coming to that conclusion?

I wish there was an up to date listing of units and prices in condo developments in Toronto. Sure would make an interesting read. However, we'd still have to make our own deductions on how many units were bought by speculators.

There are various publications with this kind of info that you can purchase on a subscription basis.

A couple screen shots from the website:

2075350801_b560f0d38e_o.jpg

2075350753_711745ec93_o.jpg

2075360967_a11cca1f85_o.jpg

Predictably, it's turned out boxier than the initial plans but with its rooftop element, vertical stripe, and large podium, I think it looks different enough from the typical Toronto box to be interesting.

Predictably, it's turned out boxier than the initial plans but with it's rooftop element, vertical stripe, and large podium, I think it looks different enough from the typical Toronto box to be interesting.

I agree, it really stands out (but of course they will make it stand out on their website LOL). I wonder why they gave on that cool flareout in the earlier models, I think that gave the building even more of a distinct look. Perhaps they can bring that component back, I hope so. But its far from your typical boxy look. And much better than the rounded contraption they had as their first incarnation.

Brilliant website. wow. This one-upmanship attitude is going to do wonders for toronto. Well overdue--like 50 years.

Toronto we're the best. Toronto can stomp any city. Those aren't just statements, that's how I actually feel.

Why does it take a bunch of foreigners from central asia to make landmark statements for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back