News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 423     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 255     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I just saw something very encouraging at the site today. There are a number of expensive banners on the hoarding that were put up by a Toronto law firm. Their tag line is 'the height of excellence' and they are using an image of 1BE and the 1BE logo in the ad.

Actually, I just saw something very encouraging at the site today. There are a number of expensive banners on the hoarding that were put up by a Toronto law firm. Their tag line is 'the height of excellence' and they are using an image of 1BE and the 1BE logo in the ad.

Why would a law firm put up banners?

I think there's enough evidence to confirm sofitel as the tenant. However, the lack of a public statement could indicate that not everything is roses with the overall development.
What I heard was that Sofitel is announcing three new Canadian hotels, together. So 1BE will have to wait until they're ready to announce all three.

Sofitel? Isn't that somewhat of a budget hotel?

Sofitel's are really nice hotels and quite pricey!

I stayed at the one in downtown Montreal once with a friend and their parents and it was really really nice inside.

You could probably find it as low as $150 a night - $500 a night for the cheapest room (depending on the city).

So they definitely are a budget hotel.

Why would a law firm put up banners?

You didn't read the fine print did you:

"Who to call when faced with bankruptcy"

:D jk

Anyway, I'd say that's a good sign either way.

They are a lot more marketing-oriented than they used to be, and this is, after all, a highly visible location.

In addition, this will generate revenue for Bazis to help them in staving off their much-anticipated bankruptcy. [/sarcasm]

When I saw the banners and their use of the 1BE logo, I assumed this law firm had something to do with this particular development and were promoting that fact and themselves. If that's the case, they wouldn't do such a thing unless they were absolutely certain the project would go ahead.

Even if they're budget, Sofitel is inherently *Euro*, i.e. less gauche than Motel 6 or Super 8...

The Sofitel in Chicago is housed in a very attractive building. Nothing remotely Motel 6 about it.

I have stayed in the Silicon Valley Sofitel a few times. It was really, really nice. I would love to see a branch anchor this corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back