Ïce Condos (Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview) - Real Estate -

The aforementioned images merely represent one investor unit located on a low to intermediate level with less than ideal views; Visby Model - 522sf [Post 215]

Depending on the date and unit, purchasers were entitled to receive a credit ranging from $2,000. to $6,000. towards upgrades. That being said, some investors may elect to allocate said credit by way of hardwood in the bedroom, but perhaps the forethought behind these selected finishes were based on personal preference as opposed to the longevity of a certain design palette.

INFORMATION ABOUT STANDARD FINISHES - ÃCE CONDOMINIUMS:

○ Kitchen countertop - The alternative Nero Assoluto granite looks more contemporary
○ Bathroom marble - The polished Bianco Carrara looks substantially cleaner than the Botticino marble
○ Hardwood flooring - Most purchasers opted for walnut instead of the natural maple colour
○ Kitchen sinks - Depending on the floor-plan, multiple sinks will be utilized throughout the project
○ Kitchen islands - Several units have the island included to create separation from the living space

Not really over reacting. The prices at Ice were pretty high back when it was being sold. Also, this doesn't live up to their model suite they advertise. They advertise modern and produce mediocre.

does anyone have an image of the model suite kitchen so we can compare ?
was the model suite unit an upgrade; hence, those that didn't go for the upgrade look dated and suburban?

are we there yet ?!?

I was at the groundbreaking and Barry Fenton predicted $1000 a foot for ICE when completed. I remember late 2006 when he predicted $600 a foot at Maple Leaf Square.. and its a bit more..

Lets wait and see... anything can happen

does anyone have an image of the model suite kitchen so we can compare ?
was the model suite unit an upgrade; hence, those that didn't go for the upgrade look dated and suburban?

This is what I dug up from websites. The cabinets appear to be less than what's shown at the model suite as well. The material for the cabinets were also an upgrade. The fridge is bigger in the model suite. I can't see the dish washer or sink well from the photo.

ICE-Sales-cntr-39.jpg
ICE-Sales-cntr-45.jpg
image48391.jpg
image48395.jpg
image48475.jpg
image48483.jpg
image48487.jpg
image48512.jpg

Attachments

• ICE-Sales-cntr-39.jpg
    ICE-Sales-cntr-39.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,279
  • ICE-Sales-cntr-45.jpg
    ICE-Sales-cntr-45.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,289
  • image48391.jpg
    image48391.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,303
  • image48395.jpg
    image48395.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,262
  • image48475.jpg
    image48475.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,302
  • image48483.jpg
    image48483.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,300
  • image48487.jpg
    image48487.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,280
  • image48512.jpg
    image48512.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:
thanks AKS. wish there were a close up of the kitchen.

considering the price point at the initial sales, I'm very disappointed the upgraded finishes weren't standard.

Last edited:
are we there yet ?!?

Given that some comparable buildings in the area have units that have sold in the 800+ per foot range..Ice assignments are starting around $725 per foot up to about $900 for the top floors depending on floorplan, size and view etc. BTW..Those were the developers words.

REGARDLESS.. Still much higher than the $575 per foot they started at in 2008

In case anyone was interested, this realtor has a ton of well-made video tours on her site here: http://www.theicecondos.com/Ice_Condos_Floor_Plans.htm

I like the building exterior quite a bit - the podium looks like it is going to look fantastic when it is done.

Though based on what I saw, it's hard to love the units themselves. As someone living at MLS right now, the interiors feel exactly like MLS with shitty sliding doors everywhere and built-in kitchens ruined by a sink that's more for show than anything.

Those are some sad, sad interiors. But Look at Lanterra's projects and you're not surprised. Murano, Burano, MLS, etc. All look dated and cheap.

Looks like some people dodged a bullet on this one.

Nice looking buildings IMO, but $per sqft is a bit ridiculous for a Lanterra development

Looks like some people dodged a bullet on this one.

Nice looking buildings IMO, but $per sqft is a bit ridiculous for a Lanterra development

The building will be falling apart in 5 years like many other Lanterra developments. Probably top 3 worst developer in the city IMO. Cut corner after corner.

And they keep building. LOL.

Back