Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I'm thinking that some of the glazing used on ICE is self-cleaning glass (titanium oxide coated). This is the most likely solution for the glass behind the Juliette balcony glass that wraps around the towers.

Surely they would have taken it into consideration. I wonder if the mods can get a definite answer for us.

Last edited:
The PATH link between ICE and Infinity is now enclosed with glazing. That butt-joint glazing is sharp! I believe a linear park/walkway is going to run directly south of this PATH link upon completion of the project.

3EhnKkE.jpg

I'm thinking that some of the glazing used on ICE is self-cleaning glass (titanium oxide coated). This is the most likely solution for the glass behind the Juliette balcony glass that wraps around the towers.

I would be VERY surprised - unless the price had gone down significantly.

AoD

The PATH link between ICE and Infinity is now enclosed with glazing. That butt-joint glazing is sharp! I believe a linear park/walkway is going to run directly south of this PATH link upon completion of the project.
<the image>
Looks nice... from what I recall - and looking at the Toronto Path Expansion ... http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/path_masterplan27jan12.pdf
This one, I believe it stops at Infinity. The one directly south only seems to be a long term plan, so I wouldn't hold my breath until they start it.

Or they can just clean the glass between the building and balcony with one of these:

105004_front500.jpg

Attachments

• 105004_front500.jpg
    105004_front500.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 709
Have you watched a window cleaner at work? You have three glass surfaces to deal with here, so right off the bat you're three times more labour intensive, and then two of those surfaces are going to require a long pole (at least five or six feet long, if it needs to be dropped all the way down while also sticking out enough to be held with two hands). It's not going to be a cheap building to have cleaned. There's also a perforated metal grate that runs the length of the juliette balcony between the glass and the door frame that will accumulate dirt and debris. How do you keep that clean and cleared?

Yes, I'm aware, but it looks like they've finished pouring the residential floors. You can see the roof slab in that picture.

Back