Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

A mere 5 minutes if your driving on the Gardiner Expy, and aprox. 10 minutes driving on the Lakeshore.
Transit maybe 30-45 minutes the most.

It's about 10 minutes on the Gardiner, if the expressway isn't busy. The area is west of the Humber River and thus in suburban Etobicoke. It definitely has its own unique identity as a high-rise waterfront neighbourhood outside of the downtown core. It's unlike postwar suburban Etobicoke or the walkable lowrise Etobicoke neighbourhoods along Lake Shore.

interesting chatter on twitter....@buzzbuzzhome asked @Myles_Burke, who are a company who build a lot of the scale models we see at condo sales offices, both here and abroad, what was the biggest model they ever built?.....here is their reply...

"In our career?.... it was Burj Khalifa (2004?) but since we started MylesBurke ............it will be Eau Du Soleil."

Now, that might just mean that they are building a REALLY large model for an average-sized condo LOL...

Can't wait till we find out - should be soon...:cool:

I've been trolling every single source about this building since the first news were broken. I'm anticipating seeing some renderings and stats!

From Andrew La Fleur (I've been following his tweets on BuzzBuzzHome and he seems to know his stuff:

It’s not very often that you will see me get excited about a condo outside of downtown, but what Empire Communities is getting ready to launch on the Lake Shore in Etobicoke has got me VERY excited. Eau Du Soleil promises to be one of the TALLEST waterfront condos in Canada. This one is going to be BIG.
The exact details, like how many storeys, how many buildings, what this ‘awe inspiring design’ will be like are still quite scarce (at least, scarce enough that I am not allowed to publish anything here). What I can say is that nothing like this has ever been built anywhere in Toronto.

Slowly I die inside trying to find more about this development.

Could this be Etobicoke's answer to Mississauga's pair of Absolute towers? A little high-rise rivalry between adjacent municipalities?

latest update from talkcondo.com, posted Sept 27....

"Eau du Soleil (which translates to "Water of the Sun") is preparing to launch to Platinum Brokers in the next few weeks and has already gotten the industry talking (to pre-register for Insider Access, click here). A small teaser released by Empire Communities stated that the new condominium project, located in the ever popular Humber Bay Park will be "Canada's Tallest Waterfront Tower". Our sources tell us that there will be two towers, the smaller building will stand between 40-45 storeys and the second tower will be a whopping 60-65 storeys. This is HUGE, even by Downtown Toronto's standards, and only Aura (75 storeys), One Bloor (70 storeys), Ice Condos II (65 storeys) and Shangri La (65 storeys) can boast a higher floor count in the GTA."

latest update from talkcondo.com, posted Sept 27....

"Eau du Soleil (which translates to "Water of the Sun") is preparing to launch to Platinum Brokers in the next few weeks and has already gotten the industry talking (to pre-register for Insider Access, click here). A small teaser released by Empire Communities stated that the new condominium project, located in the ever popular Humber Bay Park will be "Canada's Tallest Waterfront Tower". Our sources tell us that there will be two towers, the smaller building will stand between 40-45 storeys and the second tower will be a whopping 60-65 storeys. This is HUGE, even by Downtown Toronto's standards, and only Aura (75 storeys), One Bloor (70 storeys), Ice Condos II (65 storeys) and Shangri La (65 storeys) can boast a higher floor count in the GTA."

*whistles* This is impressive, even by downtown standards. I wonder if there will be a retail component, like in the wildly successful Westlake? It would be a shame to build two grand tower-in-the-park.

BuzzBuzzHome tweeted that they are shortly going to receive renderings for Eau du Soleil (this was last night).. I wonder if they're going to be made public or is it only for their personal consumption.

I hope for the former.

This one is going to be BIG.
The exact details, like how many storeys, how many buildings, what this ‘awe inspiring design’ will be like are still quite scarce (at least, scarce enough that I am not allowed to publish anything here). What I can say is that nothing like this has ever been built anywhere in Toronto.

Could the man(Andrew La Fleur) possibly be anymore hyperbolic?

Well, once the renders have been released (should be any time now), we will know if he was hyperbolic or accurate. Naturally, I am hoping for "accurate", but the odds are against it.

Back