News   Sep 30, 2024
 589     1 
News   Sep 30, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   Sep 30, 2024
 570     0 

46th Canadian General Election

Indian subcontinent modernize their birthrates will also plummet.

Indian birthrate is already close to replacement. India has a large demographic bulge of young people that is why this government wants to take advantage of it. And despite this, we're seeing immigrant quality declining. This bulge will be less attractive in a decade or two. Africa will be the biggest source of immigrants in the 2040s and beyond.

I'm not sure how much of this was intentional or just a lack of control. They relaxed some rules around student visas and how schools could bring in international students and the numbers absolutely exploded. I don't think there were targets or quotas involved. More incompetence and lack of foresight.

A lack of action is also a choice. They kept denying this was even a problem right until they really tanked in the polls. And even now their cuts don't even take them back to pre-Covid and will still need years to pan out. All policy choices they made.

Bhutila Karpoche, MPP in Parkdale—High Park, is planning to run for the recenly renamed federal Taiaiko'n—Parkdale—High Park seat. She's the third Ontario NDP MPP to announce their intention to run for the federal party.

The NDP lost to the Liberals by 3% in Parkdale in 2021.

Bhutila Karpoche, MPP in Parkdale—High Park, is planning to run for the recenly renamed federal Taiaiko'n—Parkdale—High Park seat. She's the third Ontario NDP MPP to announce their intention to run for the federal party.

The NDP lost to the Liberals by 3% in Parkdale in 2021.

A vote of confidence in Jagmeet? Or a vote of non-confidence in Marit Stiles? I'm inclined to think the latter.

A vote of confidence in Jagmeet? Or a vote of non-confidence in Marit Stiles? I'm inclined to think the latter.
I'm not sure about that, so much as the more elementary fact of federal being a step up from provincial, and the riding being obvious-target winnable, particularly under a sitting MPP. In fact, I might give her a better chance of winning than the other NDP MPP's making a bid provincially...

Yeah Stiles hasn't really moved the party forward despite the vacuum left by the Liberals floundering.

I met her at the Labour Day parade.

She is a nice person but nice doesn't win elections.

I find Marit to be a cheerleader but an ineffective leader. She shows up at all the events to pump up the crowds but doesn't provide any policies of substance.

During the parade she parroted talking points about how bad Doug Ford is, Ontario Place and the Science Centre but offered no concrete plan of action.

When the leadership election occurred, a ballot was sent to all NDP Members asking if they supported the candidacy of Marit Stiles. I sent back a ballot saying no.

I would much rather have seen Peter Tabuns become leader as he is far more qualified but he chose not to run.

Why do you feel that way?

Many reasons.......but see this post of mine from 2020 for something that I will never forgive Marit for..........political opportunism, and slagging the justice system for a well reasoned, thoughtful set of decisions, that she either hadn't read, didn't understand, or knowingly chose to misrepresent.

I think Singh's NDP could find themselves in a scenario similar to Horwath's ONDP in 2018. The ONDP's promotion from third party to official opposition wasn't necessarily due to Horwath or their platform, but the massive unpopularity of the Wynne Liberals and the need for progressive city dwellers to plant their vote somewhere. I wouldn't bet on Singh's NDP winning official opposition like Horwath in 2018 or Layton in 2011, but there could be a similar phenomenon of Liberal-to-NDP vote switching next year.

Back