Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

I dont even think they know what they're doing.
I'm a tenant there and I have no idea what will be behind those panels. We were only given a rendering of the final look. Apparently they had to redo the entire front area for structural reasons, and then I suppose they decided to alter the only part of the complex that remained relatively intact. This is supposed to be finished by December.

It doesn't look like something with any purpose - other than a misguided attempt to "harmonize" the look with the rest of the complex.

AoD

IMG_1752.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg
Today.

Reactions: PMT
Honestly, what in Frankenstein's name is going on with this complex?
They also just finished renovating the hallways and replacing all suite doors, just in time to request rent increases higher than the legal rate for next year if they so choose. I'm waiting for the notice to appear under my door any day now. Tenants have already started to organize, probably in vain.

Before and after:
20240201_092555.jpg
20240806_103726.jpg

Last edited:
Dear lord, that carpet.

This is a carpet that says, I am looking for a carpet that induces rabid and uncontrollable puking, while hiding the aftermath, and creating suspicion that there was one or more murders where the victims were then dragged out of the building.

Dear lord, that carpet.

This is a carpet that says, I am looking for a carpet that induces rabid and uncontrollable puking, while hiding the aftermath, and creating suspicion that there was one or more murders where the victims were then dragged out of the building.

I thought it looked rather like the stereograms popular in the 90s.

AoD

Dear lord, that carpet.

On the plus side, it always looks dirty, so cleaning costs can be cut dramatically.

Back