Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Today
20240901_163259.jpg

I guess this natural gas meter station is not temporary or in the interim they installed proper bollard protection. Not much room to navigate the sidewalk. They did taper the sidewalk so mobility devices can put a wheel on the road to pass. I’m guessing the designers weren’t on the same page with Enbridge for space allocation. Something like RBC on Harbour between York and Bay would have been nice. Could they elevate this, add some catwalks for service and add a wall?
This road might be back-of-house today but it will see a lot more pedestrian traffic when the Loblaws property is developed and more vehicle traffic when Harbour/Lake Shore/Downes rework is completed.

East Side John M Tinsley St.
Jan 2023
IMG_2302.jpeg

July 16, 2024
IMG_3489.jpeg

Sept 16, 2024

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg
]

RBC Waterpark Place. August 20, 2024
IMG_3981.jpeg

I guess this natural gas meter station is not temporary or in the interim they installed proper bollard protection. Not much room to navigate the sidewalk. They did taper the sidewalk so mobility devices can put a wheel on the road to pass. I’m guessing the designers weren’t on the same page with Enbridge for space allocation. Something like RBC on Harbour between York and Bay would have been nice. Could they elevate this, add some catwalks for service and add a wall?
This road might be back-of-house today but it will see a lot more pedestrian traffic when the Loblaws property is developed and more vehicle traffic when Harbour/Lake Shore/Downes rework is completed.

East Side John M Tinsley St.
Jan 2023
View attachment 596824

July 16, 2024
View attachment 596823

Sept 16, 2024

View attachment 596818

View attachment 596819]

RBC Waterpark Place. August 20, 2024
View attachment 596822
That does not seem to allow for a properly accessible sidewalk. 🤔

View attachment 596818

That does not seem to allow for a properly accessible sidewalk. 🤔

No, it does not.......... the requirement is for 2.1M of width unencumbered. No chance the above meets that standard.

Edit to add, @mburrrrr would you be willing to take ownership of this? If so......

I've discussed it with folks...........and the consensus was to flag it to the Councillor's office, as this will likely require escalation.

That's Councillor Malik, whose email I have posted below.

Councillor_Malik@toronto.ca

Just include a couple of your pics and the issue, noting that this is non-compliant for accessibility.

Last edited:
No, it does not.......... the requirement is for 2.1M of width unencumbered. No chance the above meets that standard.

Edit to add, @mburrrrr would you be willing to take ownership of this? If so......

I've discussed it with folks...........and the consensus was to flag it to the Councillor's office, as this will likely require escalation.

That's Councillor Malik, whose email I have posted below.

Councillor_Malik@toronto.ca

Just include a couple of your pics and the issue, noting that this is non-compliant for accessibility.
Will do. Thanks for the info.
Edit done.

Last edited:

Back