Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

September 11, 2024:

IMG_4096.jpeg

Ok , I'm back after a couple hours of digging.

First things first, the height increase was approved in June-2023 at 328.4m tall:

The project went into receivership in Oct-2023 the receiver applied for continued construction works from 29-Nov-2023 to 29-Nov-2024:

A similar question to my previous post was discussed at that time stating that the latest "New Building" permit still shows the height as 86 storeys.

This permit was issued on 19-Sep-2023 which is before the receivership date of 19-Oct-2023 which means the building was still under Mizrahi at the 328m height but yet listed as 86 storeys. This leads me to believe that it's only an oversight when authoring that short blurb.

I might also be completely wrong and just hoping for the height to remain at 328m and am holding on to whatever hope I can find!

Nice work bro. I don't know about any of this kind of stuff, but your posts makes at of sense that at least this is a possibility.

Ok , I'm back after a couple hours of digging.

First things first, the height increase was approved in June-2023 at 328.4m tall:

The project went into receivership in Oct-2023 the receiver applied for continued construction works from 29-Nov-2023 to 29-Nov-2024:

A similar question to my previous post was discussed at that time stating that the latest "New Building" permit still shows the height as 86 storeys.

This permit was issued on 19-Sep-2023 which is before the receivership date of 19-Oct-2023 which means the building was still under Mizrahi at the 328m height but yet listed as 86 storeys. This leads me to believe that it's only an oversight when authoring that short blurb.

I might also be completely wrong and just hoping for the height to remain at 328m and am holding on to whatever hope I can find!

Have a look at these for info.

Reports of the Receiver.

https://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/theone-receivers-reports

Have a look at these for info.

Reports of the Receiver.

https://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/theone-receivers-reports

So here's what I've found in the first review of the files from Alvarez and Marsal. The first report from A&M was authored in Feb-2024 outlining the status and next steps for The One. Interestingly, the report lists The One with the following information:

1. Introduction and all following sections state the project as 85 storeys.
2. Appendix E for Developer Agreements:
1000100621.png

84 storey mixed-use building with 720,000 gross square feet and 416 condo units.

But all of these point to the 85-storey version of the building to be in consideration. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It looks like Mizrahi got the approval for the taller building too late to incorporate it into the actual project.

I will continue to dig and see if there is any hope left for the taller building to see the light of day.

"Proposal to construct an 86 storey mixed use apartment building with 4 levels of below grade commercial parking and one level of below grade commercial space."

...so that includes retail, hotel and residential from ground up, I presume.

So any guess what the height will be here when all this is said and done?

Back