News   Aug 14, 2024
 991     1 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 746     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 575     0 

Toronto Media Landscape and Personalities

I love how they included The Beaverton. And that there are people that actually trust a satirical news outlet as a reliable source.
To be fair to the Beaverton, it is more reliable than a certain vulpine “news” network or even the ultra-GOP “news” networks that make the aforementioned vulpine “news” network comparatively “wole.”

I spotted someone yesterday who's likely to become the next colourful local personality - some guy riding around downtown begging on a motorized wheelchair wearing just shorts so that you can clearly see all the disturbing burn scars covering his whole body. The sign on the back of his chair had a link to a Go Fund Me page named "BBQ'd Jack"...

Not good news.... in G&M

Corus Entertainment Inc.
CJR-B-T -25.00%decrease

says it expects to have slashed 25 per cent of its full-time work force by the end of next month compared with the beginning of its 2023 fiscal year, as the company continues to “aggressively cut costs.”

Corus has shut down Hamilton's 900 CHML talk radio station and laid off some Global radio staff in London.

The stories from the last couple of months said Corus was a billion dollars in debt had a deadline of Sept. 1 to work out a deal with creditors.
We could see more of these stations have their format changed to "silent". (Edit: For a short time today, that is what the wikipedia page had there for CHML. It was then moved to the "Former assets" list.

Last edited:
Speaking of Corus Entertainment, they even rebranded Teletoon into Cartoon Network Canada, leaving the Teletoon name for its French-language service. Adult Swim Canada is a completely separate 24-hour television channel.

Oh, and YTV nowadays is mostly reruns of popular Nickelodeon cartoons, especially SpongeBob and Avatar.

It doesn’t help that Corus has very much a monopoly on 24-hour children’s for-profit television programming in Canada.

Back