News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 615     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Aloette Go its third at CIBC Square — introduces a refined approach to fast casual dining by blending our fine dining heritage with a passion for cheeseburgers, fried chicken sandwiches, and freshly made salads in a convenient take-out and delivery-minded format.

Aloette Go its third at CIBC Square — introduces a refined approach to fast casual dining by blending our fine dining heritage with a passion for cheeseburgers, fried chicken sandwiches, and freshly made salads in a convenient take-out and delivery-minded format.

Have you tried any of the 'GO ' locations? If so what was your take?

I had a quick perusal of the menu, I was a bit underwhelmed.........why would anyone put shredded lettuce on a sauce laden spicy chicken sandwich? Everyone knows that a good slaw goes on that type of sandwich, the pickled element breaking up
the richness and spicyness and adding a nice crunch factor.

Have you tried any of the 'GO ' locations? If so what was your take?

I had a quick perusal of the menu, I was a bit underwhelmed.........why would anyone put shredded lettuce on a sauce laden spicy chicken sandwich? Everyone knows that a good slaw goes on that type of sandwich, the pickled element breaking up
the richness and spicyness and adding a nice crunch factor.

sorry for the late reply @Northern Light

I had Aloette Go at the midtown location and another time at the Scotiabank Arena! The experience was sub par compare to the actual Aloette restaurant on Spadina & Queen experience.

I do find it odd to put shredded lettuce on a rich chicken sandwich ladled with spicy sauce instead of pickled element...

totally agree @Northern Light...the one sad looking lychee "shake my head"

For clarity the Martini does include Lychee Liqueur.

I just think that the note is a bit too floral for my taste. I wouldn't say no to Lychee across the board, but I think it needs to carefully balanced and restrained.

$28 for a Martini is a near impossible ask to me, but if you're going to get there (with me), you need a more appealing (to me) product.

For those who are curious, you can make this Martini at home if you want:

I first experienced a food hall in 2018 in Reykjavik (Matholl in a former bus terminal), and I thought it worked well. I imagine size of the space, food/vendor variety, and quality greatly affect the experience.

100% the atmosphere and the decor...I took a quick google search to look at Icelandic food hall it's a bit different than what's on the market in Toronto in terms of design and even food offering. However, the prices i am not sure if the menu of each restaurant's prices are expensive or cheap in comparison to local household income.

The problem with food hall in Toronto is the pricing strategy is simply too high for typical food truck or take away standards.

Also, why don't these vendor make certain menu item only exclusive at food halls versus their traditional brick & motor locations!

For clarity the Martini does include Lychee Liqueur.

I just think that the note is a bit too floral for my taste. I wouldn't say no to Lychee across the board, but I think it needs to carefully balanced and restrained.

$28 for a Martini is a near impossible ask to me, but if you're going to get there (with me), you need a more appealing (to me) product.

For those who are curious, you can make this Martini at home if you want:

IMHO vodka based drinks are not martinis, but it looks ok. Agreed that lychee can be very overbearing. And $28 is beyond what I'm willing to spend on a drink

It's official the next Aloette sit down location is at CIBC Square Table + Fare Food Hall

Reactions: PL1

Back