News   Jul 17, 2024
 759     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Broadview Eastern Flood protection and area

The design has been tweaked since this, but I had quick access to this:

1718047661652.png

1718047723861.png

This scope has changed since the DVP/Gardiner transfer to the province. The “re grading scope” was working around the BMW dealership, however due to the transfer, the land is being expropriated.

The BMW dealership will be demolished and the grading will be continuous

Yes I believe that information was posted in another thread. I will see if I can dig it up.

AoD

As expected. Honestly I think it is time think bigger and consider raising that segment of the DVP (and perhaps RH line as well)

AoD

You and I were sharing similar thoughts in different threads.

I discuss the DVP options a bit, very cursorily in the Lower Don thread.

I know options that have been discussed for Bala as well........but similarly discarded for being far too pricey.....

Interestingly the area behind this soon-to-be new flood protection did not flood yesterday. The DVP onramp from Eastern was dry as were the properties off Sunlight Park Rd.

The luxury car complex at Dundas did not fare so well. Many Bentleys and Jaguars underwater.
Since that area floods regularly it always seemed like a pretty stupid place to park them!

It’s a very interesting project to say the least, with the politicking between the Province/City/Talisker/BMW. The Old Eastern Ave Bridge demolition is also a part of this project, however even finding funding for that scope has delayed that portion over a year

The flood protection design is based around an embankment with a clay core that has very low porosity, to the point where no one is entirely sure it will be available at the time of construction, where a 30%/60% backup design needs to be carried “just in case”

Rough sequence of events on this one, no doubt

Back